Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 21, 2017, 07:44:26 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On Location with Kurier  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

On Location with Kurier
« on: July 25, 2010, 11:40:07 PM »
As an old man from AA used to say, Ara ara.

Having made it a tradition to do something with NHRV every time I get a chance to venture into the Japanese wilderness, I have begged a blog out of SK. The result is On Location. I intend to use it in a multitude of ways, ranging from academically focused posts to details about the research I am undertaking to a personal space to keep in contact with family. Please venture by now and then, maybe leave a comment or two, read some things. I plan to update frequently enough to keep it worth reading (unlike some other blogs I might have had a hand in... >_> ).

I'm currently working on the header and theme. Akira, being my unforgiving male bondage partner, pointed out some points that are in need of improvement, so its look is a work in progress. If anyone has any advice, please let me know.

I couldn't really decide where to announce this really, as the blog won't be specifically focused on a top that could fit into any of the forum's boards. Hopefully this board receives the traffic I suspect it does (in relative terms of course).

(Also, to whom it may concern, I will be at the Tokyo Game Show in September. NHRV want a report? PM me, I owe you all.)
I fell off the wagon and now I can't stop.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

Re: On Location with Kurier
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 12:02:11 AM »
It's so glad to hear from you again ( - -)v

I thought you're a student of the Akira School of Thought?

:V

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 12:08:34 AM »
Apparently I failed graphic design. He had a good point though, the banner needs a little work.

Oh, btw, I didn't really point this out at all but I'm leaving soon for Japan to do research on Japanese firemen and to do a year abroad at Tokyo International University. It is all in the first blog post, but who reads that...

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 10:52:38 AM »
I wouldn't listen to Akira, he's the product of a Japanese-American collaborative research effort, or in simpler words: a test tube baby.

But two points about the banner that you may already know:
- "On Location" (and of course its Japanese counterpart) is "readable", but you'd have to strain for a bit. It's the gray and the fact that it's on top of white kanji symbols that cuts in and out, trying to confuse the eye. Like Face or Vase.
- Few will recognize that the unsightly green-lime-leafgreen amorphous specimen is Japan. We all here can, however, because undoubtedly we've stared at the country, its shape on several maps and globes, for unquestionably questionable amounts of time. Think of times the United States, or Italy, are drawn or shown on something.

The theme is very straightforward and that's my style. Though the occasional pop-up of perfectly round breasts, and possibly a flashing banner of erections, along with unsightly photographs of your female compatriots within each post itself, and even a mascot that got its legs.............. Yeah.

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 01:03:07 AM »
Posts, I promise, will start soon. Uploading videos as we speak.

Japan, for such a technologically advanced place, is an internet backwards zone. But alas, I have found some good, solid (and unlimited) connections.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 01:04:55 AM »
you never added that flashing banner of erections...

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 04:28:09 AM »
Working on it as we speak.

Updated, btw. Two posts with video from Omiya Summer Festival.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 11:25:32 AM »
You're so monstrously tall compared to these midget Japanese people that you tower over their heads, nearly capable of giving a birds-eye point of view with your small digital camera. No wonder Akira was intimidated and postponed the rendezvous.

Offline Kurier

• Rehabilitating...
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 04:46:09 AM »
Who told you I have a small digital camera... (I mean, I do. It is a Vixia, thing is tiny. But, somethings shouldn't leave the shower room...)

Great advantage to following fast moving friends (my host parents are from Osaka, and Osakans are statically proven to be the fastest walking Japanese on average).

I had my camera with me when I met [name redacted] but we decided that the world should have no evidence that we met. Would have made a cool podcast though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up