Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 16, 2017, 05:54:32 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome MK!  (Read 4010 times)

Offline kadian1364

• Joined the Dark Side for the dental plan
  • Reviewer
    • MAL profile

Welcome MK!
« on: July 01, 2010, 07:56:17 PM »
Greetings and salutations and all that good stuff. Welcome to the team MK. Good first review.

Offline Sorrow-kun

• War Criminal
  • Administrator
    • Sorrow-kun's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with sorrow-k using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Sorrow_kun
    • @Sorrow_kun
    • The Nihon Review

Re: Welcome MK!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 08:19:40 PM »
Welcome to the team.  Hope your stay is a long and productive one.  :P

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 08:47:16 PM »
Yo!

Nice to have you here.  So, what are your interests inside and outside anime? 

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.

Online AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 09:09:39 PM »
So, what does MK means? My AC means nothing to me, but it gets dissected by people left and right: Anal Cleft, Alternating Current, Anus Cyst, etc.

Offline Elineas

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 10:14:14 PM »
So, what does MK means? My AC means nothing to me, but it gets dissected by people left and right: Anal Cleft, Alternating Current, Anus Cyst, etc.

Which begs the question of why you chose that as a screen name in the first place. As for MK, my Nintendo wiring leads me to guess Metaknight :-X.

But congratulations on being picked up by NHRV. Going through the limbo that is moving from high school to college has left me busy during this transitioning phase, so it's nice to see others still interested in the open contest. Now if I could just sit down and write something...

Online AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 11:25:01 PM »
Frankly, I can't remember. AC are the first initials that occurred to me when I registered for Anime Academy but I can't remember where I came up the initials from (must be what I saw from a newspaper article or something). From the initials, I came up with a pathetic name, animanic_critic. Only when I applied for a reviewer post here, I reverted back to AC.

If Sorrow-kun hadn't allowed a two-character nickname in his forum, I would've called myself Klutch instead (if anyone barely remembers).

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 11:52:33 PM »
Katy Perry LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE Zooey Deschanel.

You know what though, I like Zooey a lot more.

Okay, maybe not a lot more. It's just that, well, she's a respectable artist. She has a good band, she can act. But Katy has the tits. But then again, Zooey has the eyes.

Oh the dilemma.

Welcome, MK.

Online AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 01:44:00 AM »
I hate Katy Perry. Her eyes look creepy. And she has fat legs.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 04:05:54 AM »
This thread is pretty ****ing stupid without the newbie around.
I'm just like you, only smarter™.

Offline FeuerPhoenix

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 10:25:03 AM »
Welcome to the NHRV, MK. Congratulations for getting a reviewer job here.

I found certain reviews to be suspiciously missing, for example Karas or Eureka 7, which has been mentioned in the Editorial 2005: A Year in Review, but nobody bothered to actually write a review about it back then.

Offline MK

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 01:17:37 PM »
Thanks alot for the welcome. I apologize for not replying earlier but yesterday was 16 hour-rehearsal since the orchestra concert is in a couple of days. I'll answer some of the questions previously asked now.

MK is just short for Mike or Michael, (my name.) It started 5 years ago when I lived in the States, (Virginia,) and my baseball team had 4 Michaels, all of which were starters... So my coach had to make up nicknames for each one of us so that he could yell at us on the field and we'd know who he was yelling at. That's where I got MK.

As for my interests outside anime... I have a strong passion for classical music and the piano, something I picked up as a little kid when I lived in Europe. I enjoy playing any sport except golf, (which I don't even count as a sport.) My favorite by far however, (and the only one I play competitively) is baseball. My father's side of the family have been Cardinal fans since my great great-grandfather's moved to St. Louis from Italy. A tradition I keep. I used to be a pitcher when I was younger but 5 foot 9 is too short to be a pitcher, especially at the Mexican highschool level... So now I'm a shortstop. I'm fond of reading, especially historical non-fiction and biographies due to my preference for history.

Well now that I've flaunted the things I do capably, I will state what I'm absolutely terrible at so that no one ever asks me feedback on such areas. I'm the worst gamer in the world, actually I'm just simply not a gamer. I'm horrific at every arcade game, gaming console, etc. that anyone has ever forced me to try. I just dont understand what's happening and in about 7 seconds there's a huge "GAME OVER" on the screen. Fortunately, my friends dont game that much. about once a month however, they decide to have an xbox "get together" or something of the sort, a day in which I'm the center of ridicule for about 4 hours. I'm also very "un-tech-savy." I mean I can do the basics but nothing beyond that. I'm even still struggling with setting up this NHRV email. My friends and my sister all know how to use computer programs to compose music and I'm still stuck with pencil and sheet-paper. One more thing I'm abhorrent at. My mother was a gourmet chef for a spanish restaurant before she met my dad, my dad is also a good cook, even my little sister can make some incredible dishes. The three fire alarms I've set off have lead me to the conclusion that I'm great at eating but terrible at cooking.

That's all I have to say. Thanks again for the welcomes. If any of you want to reply with a summary of yourselves I will read it.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:25:32 PM by MK »

Offline MK

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 01:26:10 PM »
Going through the limbo that is moving from high school to college has left me busy during this transitioning phase, so it's nice to see others still interested in the open contest.

Everyone seems to be stressed with that process, the stress never really gets to me though. I guess I just dont care that much.

Offline Elineas

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 01:32:59 AM »
Going through the limbo that is moving from high school to college has left me busy during this transitioning phase, so it's nice to see others still interested in the open contest.

Everyone seems to be stressed with that process, the stress never really gets to me though. I guess I just dont care that much.

Nah, not the college admissions process. I meant the moving to college process. It's less about the stress and more about the sheer amount of stuff I have to do, be it going off on a graduation trip with friends to packing up and preparing to move back to the US for college after living elsewhere for nine or so years.

Offline MK

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 01:39:49 AM »
Nah, not the college admissions process. I meant the moving to college process. It's less about the stress and more about the sheer amount of stuff I have to do, be it going off on a graduation trip with friends to packing up and preparing to move back to the US for college after living elsewhere for nine or so years.

Where have you been living these 9 years?

Online AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 02:22:02 AM »
Dude, go easy with the quotes. It's killing the eyes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up