Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 21, 2017, 10:35:43 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm bored  (Read 19976 times)

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

I'm bored
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:03:39 PM »
Somebody entertain me.

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

Re: I'm bored
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 11:20:08 PM »
Go watch Gundam Unicorn.  :p

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 11:21:38 PM »
I don't have the desire to partake in another shitty Gundam series.

Offline Shadowmage

• Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 11:23:55 PM »
It's good.  Though it'll probably take two to three years to finish so that's probably a wise choice.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 11:27:26 PM »
The last time I tried watching a series as it was released, I chose FMA Brotherhood and after 15 episodes I decided that I couldn't stand it anymore. That shit killed anime for me.

Offline Shadowmage

• Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 11:41:27 PM »
Well, damn.  Unicorn is the only bright and shiny thing I can think of recently aside of Durarara.  Would you have happened to seen Baccano! or Gurren Lagann?

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 11:58:41 PM »
To be quite honest, I can count the number of series I've seen total on both hands. I've never been an enormous fan of anime but more of a casual viewer who liked things such as DBZ when I was 12. That led to me finding a couple other things I liked but from then on I rarely strayed too far from the beaten path. The last thing that piqued my interest before Brotherhood was the original FMA and before that, it was .hack and CB. In between I caught Trigun and some other shit, but for the most part I haven't seen much anime in my life.

I've seen enough to have my girlfriend call me a dork though. I'm happy with that. She's amazed I know how to edit Windows Registry keys.

Offline Shadowmage

• Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 12:08:28 AM »

And you made this site?

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 12:18:16 AM »
Well, when I started PP/AMG/NHRV, I planned on immersing myself in anime as well as using it as a tool to help myself learn how to write code and build websites. I also wanted to make my own AA. I liked some of the things they did but they said my writing was immature and this was my big, "**** you!" I gathered a couple of friends who shared my supposed "passion" for anime and got them to agree to submit stuff too. The problem with geocities was that there was no way for me to set up user profiles and no databases. I had a proboards forum and everybody had the admin password. I trolled around AA for a while and got Tamashii/Boco (LOL) to agree to help me out. I dropped 90 bucks on a host and designed AMG with Tama. Or Tama designed it and I helped. Whatev. Regardless, we found more AA rejects and kept on working. Somewhere in this timeframe I was banned from AA and was therein able to devote some time to building AMG but it wasn't a real priority. Then Tama pulled a huge ****ing heist and lured SK to AMG and from there on in, the rest is history. Sorrow-kun and Tamashii are the reasons NHRV is successful. Early days, most of the credit goes to Tama but from 2006 on in, SK has made NHRV what it is.

Seriously. Turned my backwards scrap heap into a respectable site with solid content and a great core of reviewers. I wish I shared his passion. I don't think Sorrow-kun gets the kind of gratification he deserves but I doubt he wants praise heaped on him. Instead, I sometimes do that by trollin' his (since NHRV is his now) website and making his posts look Shakespearean.

/history lesson

Offline Shadowmage

• Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 12:35:06 AM »
Jesus Christ.  Your history takes me way back once upon a time when Ninebreaker was still a friendly, helpful person, and I was learning that complete, coherent sentences were a good thing. 

Whatever got you banned from AA?  I've suspected it was something to do with IRC, but considering that General Anime was my common dwelling, I didn't going to Misc. much so I really wouldn't know.

Offline Sorrow-kun

• War Criminal
  • Administrator
    • Sorrow-kun's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with sorrow-k using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Sorrow_kun
    • @Sorrow_kun
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 12:35:46 AM »
Then Tama pulled a huge ****ing heist and lured SK to AMG and from there on in, the rest is history.
WRONG, bitch.  You got me here.  Tama had nothing to do with it.  I've got the private messages to prove it.

Offline Shadowmage

• Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 12:36:53 AM »
Then Tama pulled a huge ****ing heist and lured SK to AMG and from there on in, the rest is history.
WRONG, bitch.  You got me here.  Tama had nothing to do with it.  I've got the private messages to prove it.

Shame the great server purge has destroyed it. 

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 12:50:56 AM »
Somebody entertain me.

Hey look!  Keys!

DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY

I'm just like you, only smarter™.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 12:55:48 AM »
Niner was always a douche, don't kid yourself.

I was banned for a couple reasons. Of course my view is completely different from what you'll get elsewhere, but there's two sides to every story. Anyway, in '05/'06 TIF was banned for being a dick. Who would have guessed, right? So after TIF was banned, other professors/mods petitioned that I was equally useless to the community and I got some warnings from a certain professor about how my behavior was inappropriate and that if I kept up, I'd be banned. Considering at this point I had refined myself to post only in Art and Misc, I was pissed because nobody gives a shit about those sections. Oh, I also made a stink about how the "celebrations" forum was ****ing stupid too. So,  I send said certain professor a PM calling him a nazi amongst other things. I kept it private and, while I agree that my PM was childish and stupid, I didn't take my issues out into the public realm. So really, I was banned over a PM to soundchazer and all the mods had a good laugh at my expense.

I'll admit, I had an air of elitism about me during that time and I thought my post count enabled me to think that I was a valued member of the community and that newbies needed to "learn their place" so to speak. Of course, every 16 year old with 3,000 posts thinks that which is why the majority of forums suck. Douchebags like 16 year-old me.

@SK: Did I really? Well, let me rephrase. I pulled the biggest ****ing heist and lured SK to AMG and I take sole credit for every good thing that has happened therein. I'm the shit. And Shadowmage, all the PM's were at AA. If he still has them, I'd like to see them. Maybe I can use similar tactics to convince my roommate to clean the ****ing house and make his room not smell like shit.

*edit: See what I mean? TIF is a total douche.

I've always liked you though. :P

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 12:58:35 AM »
I'd like to state for the record that I was fully aware of the pretenses behind Seven's banning and I thought it was a worse crime than my own.

I was banned for being a ****tard.  You were banned because of a ****ing fairness doctrine.  Soundchazer told me the whole story and it really infuriated me.  It's one thing to ban me, it's another to use me as an excuse to ban someone else.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 01:02:36 AM »
Actually, I thought the bigger douche-move was SC telling me how my ban had nothing to do with you and that he never really liked you anyway. The whole situation at AA with you and I was a crock of shit and I think everybody knew it. After that, the whole community kinda went downhill.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 01:08:58 AM »
News to me.  SC was about the only dude keeping me informed of anything.  For someone who didn't like me, he sure went out of his way to defend my ass and keep me in the loop.  Hell, he started the whole "Intellectuals" movement as a way of middle-fingering the other mods.  I think, honestly Liegenschonheit was the one who did me in.  I think she was the deciding vote, and instead of going with her heart, she went with her head.  I don't blame her for that.  I know, flat out, that I broke rules.

Dtortot was the one destined to hate me, I think.  He came on here a while ago and we made some headway into understanding each other, so I don't think too badly of him anymore.  Back on AA he used to drive me up the wall with his inconsistent treatment of various personalities.  In fact, most of the ****ing mods did that.  If you were an IRCer or around during the "ol days", you were ****ing immune from anything, no matter how trollish or stupid your shit was.

My final nail in the coffin was about a god damned gothic / emo kid thread that I tore apart.  I still haven't apologized for it (and I wont either).

Offline Shadowmage

• Administrator

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 01:14:32 AM »
Quote from: Seven
I kid you not, that guy kindly helped me improve my writing skills way back when my magnum opus was "Yu Yu Hakusho is a good anime.  It is a good anime because it had good characters.  You should watch Yu Yu Hakusho because of its characters"  Thank God AA's forum crash killed that (and many other) of my old reviews.  It also killed all the PMs you guys sent to me asking me to join, so if Sorrow-kun is going to have to build a time machine to get his letter.

After that, the whole community kinda went downhill.
No kidding. Within days General Anime got its guts ripped out and it damn near dropped dead on the spot.  Some new blood did allow it to limp along but the mods effectively neutered their own site.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 01:14:53 AM »
Who knows. That's what I was told by SC when I complained in IRC. Truthfully, all I remember is Ritalin and Liegy being on my side. Too bad that didn't work out for me.

DT was something else but I'm all for blaming his behavior on him being a drunk Mexican. Being an IRCer during the "old days" didn't do me much good. Also, I'd never apologize for having fun at the expense of teen angst and trends.

My only regret is that I never got to say goodbye :'(

Quote from: Seven
I kid you not, that guy kindly helped me improve my writing skills way back when my magnum opus was "Yu Yu Hakusho is a good anime.  It is a good anime because it had good characters.  You should watch Yu Yu Hakusho because of its characters"  Thank God AA's forum crash killed that (and many other) of my old reviews.  It also killed all the PMs you guys sent to me asking me to join, so if Sorrow-kun is going to have to build a time machine to get his letter.

After that, the whole community kinda went downhill.
No kidding. Within days General Anime got its guts ripped out and it damn near dropped dead on the spot.  Some new blood did allow it to limp along but the mods effectively neutered their own site.

Every PM i had from my debacle with AA was still there after Jen unbanned me. After reading what I wrote to SC, I'd be the first to admit that maybe a temporary ban would have been acceptable, but a permaban was overkill.

I'm confused about the General Anime section getting torn apart. Since I was obviously banned, mind filling me in?

Offline Shadowmage

• Administrator

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 01:33:04 AM »
Every PM i had from my debacle with AA was still there after Jen unbanned me. After reading what I wrote to SC, I'd be the first to admit that maybe a temporary ban would have been acceptable, but a permaban was overkill.
Oh wait a sec...

Originally Posted by Seven
Hello Shadowmage, I am leader of the rebel alliance....

in my dreams. Anyway, I was just reading your Gunslinger Girl review, and I was awed. Quite a thorough review, and it held my attention (much unlike some of the reviewers at AA) quite well. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review. Your review was top notch in explaining and justifiying your grade while being as detailed as possible.

So let me cut to the chase. I'd like you to apply for a position at The Nihon Review. Your excellent writing skills are more of what we need. We need quality in our reviews, and that is something I think you could easily bring to the table.

The monthly review requirements are exactly the same as at AA, however, we're a much more enjoyable group of people I think. Now we may be small right now, but we plan to grow, and be every bit as good as AA, if not 10x better. Our goal is to be number one, and I think you could help us acheive that goal.

Some come on over and give us a look. You'll find the staff application form in the FAQ section should you like to fill one out.

If you choose to do so, please send a copy to myself, Tamashii, and DarkKanti.

Thank you for your time and I hope to see you in the near future

+[ Seven

This was followed by the most generic BS "no"s I could come up with.  

I'm confused about the General Anime section getting torn apart. Since I was obviously banned, mind filling me in?
As Linuts concisely put it "General Anime died".  

I (and a few others) still posted as usual with my generic, "OMG this episode was awesome" posts, but many people hit a tipping point where we pretty much needed someone like TIF to actually have debates.  Certain shows like Code Geass which easily lends itself to dialogue were discussed, but most of the anime threads just became feel good "I like this", "I like this too", "me three".  The entire thing just became really, really bland.    

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 01:37:23 AM »
The whole situation at AA with you and I was a crock of shit and I think everybody knew it. After that, the whole community kinda went downhill.

There is a perverse vengeful side to me that takes great joy in this.
There is also a melancholic side to me that feels very bad about this.

I mean, there is a serious part of me that still hates my ban to this day, even though I know, rationally, that what I did was wrong.  It was like I wasn't being punished for breaking the rules so much as I was getting kicked in the balls and having my toy taken away from me.  AA was my only anime online community.  I tried a couple others, but they didn't feel right.  I liked the people at AA.  I liked the discussions.  I was allowed to be myself, for the most part, and it felt like someone was telling me that my real self was an unacceptable monster that wasn't allowed to live in an idyllic society.  Hell, maybe they're right.  But it stung hard.  With irrational pain comes irrational feelings.  I can't stop myself from resenting the **** out of the mod team at AA.

But, and I said this to dtortot, I didn't set out to start a Cult of TIF.  Yeah, that's egotistical and exaggerated, but some faggots really liked me and liked having me around.  They were my friends as much as I was theirs.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the attention, but I didn't like people speaking for me, sticking up for me, or even blindly accepting my behavior.  To me, that felt like people knew what I was doing was wrong, but didn't care.  Ironic that this is exactly what I wanted the mods to do.

Lastly, I thought I had bought myself some sort of immortality, honestly, with my involvement in the Annie-May Fanart Thread.  Shit, that thread was going to go without me, but Alex Lyn Sara and Linuts sure picked up on some of my ideas and made some ****-win fanart.  I still have some of the pictures saved on my hard drive.  ALL the TIF ones.  My personal favorite is still the muscle bound TIF popping out of the Annie May birthday cake.  I felt like they, Linuts especially, had turned me into an endearing character.  I was entertained by someone else's perception of my personality.

Then they fagged the whole thing up by NOT including any of the forum personalities in the official comic.  Worst ****ing idea they ever had.

Anyway, I didn't want to be part of the "thing" that brought AA down, I wanted to still be a part of the community. I went there recently and, yep, still banned.  I had made another name and had only MEANT to use it for browsing purposes to keep up on the new comments in each thread, but like a ****ing doofus I had to start posting.  For those who're curious, the name was Lurker.  Also banned after Corpse found out.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 01:38:58 AM »
You sonofabitch. Obviously you couldn't say know for too long. Just like your mother. The rebel alliance always wins anyway; **** the dark side. And really what you're saying is, TIF was General Anime. Nice.

TIF, you only made one account? ****, I got parts of the northeast banned when they couldn't stop me from registering new names and posting shit in my juvenile rage. They had to do a ranged IP ban because I kept circumventing their attempts to get rid of me. If it hadn't been past my bedtime, I probably would have tried to find more ways to spoof my IP just to piss them off.

If you check IRC though, nobody idles except for Rit, sohryu, Drake and myself and Rit'll probably unban you if you ask nicely. That's not to say that you won't immediately be re-banned, but I suppose it might be worth a shot.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:45:55 AM by Seven »

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 01:47:00 AM »
It sure felt like it sometimes.  Soundchazer apparently lobbied to ban me from everywhere BUT General Anime, but that didn't fly.

Oh btw:

My only regret is that I never got to say goodbye Cry

THIS.  The thing about being moderated is that you're just gone and there is nothing to be said about it.  Eventually word gets around that so and so isn't here anymore, and the general confusion sets in.  I remember my banning causing a shit storm for a while, but in that thread I got to see who were the people who truly liked me and those who truly hated me.  The only faggot who had a surprising bit of support for me was Yurika Star, which is retarded because I constantly tore that gay teenage emo wuss a new asshole.  But that was probably more because he knew he was just as bad as I was, but he got away with it.

Anyway, if I got to say my peace and my goodbyes, I'd probably have not been such a bitter bitch about the whole thing.  Instead, I had moe be my spokesperson for all of 5 minutes (it got stupid after the first time), and I just gave up trying to do anything to **** the AA mods over.

If you check IRC though, nobody idles except for Rit, sohryu, Drake and myself and Rit'll probably unban you if you ask nicely. That's not to say that you won't immediately be re-banned, but I suppose it might be worth a shot.

Unban me and do what, exactly?  As SM has pointed out, AA is dead.  I just looked it over not too long ago and the most recently updated threads are ****ing pathetic and few.  There was even a thread amongst the regulars nostalgically talking about the "Good ol' Days".  Someone actually brought me up, too.  Like you could avoid mentioning my ass.  Whether they like it or not, I was part of that website's Golden Age, and that's well over.

Tho I will miss the discussions.  I don't know why we haven't seen more old AA fags show up here.  Maybe they just moved on and got a life.  PFFFT yeah right.

*EDIT*

Heading to bed.  It's shit late here.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:52:23 AM by TypicalIdiotFan »

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 01:51:43 AM »
I think a lot of us were just as "bad" as you were except you and I were scapegoated. LOL at moe being your spokesperson though. What a tool.

@ your edit: Nostalgia value. :(

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 03:44:29 AM »
I think I've just missed out on one of the best threads in NHRW in ages.

@SM

I'm kinda surprised at your humble beginnings.

I first spotted AA forums in early 2006, and only decided to join as a member somewhere mid-year. Niner tore my first review at AA (it was Monster, I vividly remember) to shreds, and it supposedly got him temporarily banned for it. Heck, I remember even Roark, Liegy and Mana stepping into the picture over the incident. Erigion loved to ban all my childish threads, and Mana liked to whip me every other time.

It wasn't good memories but Pachinko pm-ed me and we started pm-ing each other. That's when I heard about NHRW and gave it a shot with Gankutsuou (first NHRW review for me). She did me a big favour with that first single PM, and it's amazing to see where the hell she vanished to right now.

@Seven

It's very sad to see what AA has degenerated to. I still regularly post there - although they're usually useless ones, like bitching spambots - but seriously, nobody talks about anything anymore over there. Nobody is starting a topic because nobody would response. Nobody is responding because nobody is starting a topic.

Heck, we don't poke each other for birthday wishes anymore there.

Offline C0MPL3X

• :3

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 04:22:06 AM »
Wow I come here expecting some troll thread and what's this? I think this is the first time I've seen Seven so serious and personal. And thanks for the history lesson. From what I remember, SC didn't hate TIF at all, I recall him saying TIF was the best thing that happened to AA. I do remember SC treating Seven like shit though, several times, so he probably made some shit up about TIF.

Anyway yea, AA is dead. Let's just be glad Seven somehow tricked Tama and Sorrow to continue building this place? =D

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 07:28:39 AM »
This thread is awesome.

I remembered that Sorrow wanted to do a Nihon Review history thing, and a few days back I was reflecting on how the site was built and how it came to be what it is today. I don't know if that's still a go, but I'll share some of my story (and if it was a go, I'd do it more formally har har). As for AA, I thought it was a great place for a long while until I got shaken by the drudgery of real life, and in turn, anime. It was all about personality, a gathering of pseudo-intellectuals, retards, nerds, geeks, and freaks. It was a community that was at times warm and welcoming, and at times bitter but still interesting. Regardless, I could never get as attached to it as many of you were, and I never bothered or could make an impression there. Most of what I remember is just a slur, being the 14-15 year old I was and having a lot of real life issues. I dropped the whole gag when things got more interesting; incompetent people were becoming "mods". Heavy in Nihon Review, I only saw AA in flashes and I can remember the ordeal with TIF and Seven, and I can't remember if I did anything or said anything. That's all in the past, it was good while it lasted, but I wish I experienced more, even if it was shittier, and remembered more. It certainly was a great time sink.

Onto the microwave dinner history lesson, and I really mean microwave dinner because my memory blows--
I saw Pheldie's Place and thought it was an interesting opportunity to review, something that AA inspired me to do. I don't recall exactly how I got involved, I just remember the purple layout of the birth site, and looking back, how Seven's gone a long way as a graphic designer since. (I called myself Boco, but after a few months it struck me as a retard's name, so I moved on, pulling heavy influence from one of my favorite songs and albums of all time, Tamashii no Refrain. I'm pretty sure I was still a retard, regardless)

We were kids and it was all cool, but I was an arrogant bastard. I wanted a lot more. Perhaps it was Seven's idea to review everything imaginable, but I believe it was my urging that pushed Pheldie's Place into AMG Reviews. It was a god awful name, honestly, but neither of us knew any better. I can't remember who came up with it, but it was an amalgamation of Anime, Manga, and Games--literally and physically. Except we never got to the manga part. The design came from Seven, and his idea was to feature a loli from an ero-game, I believe. I think we got Ritalin to help us at some point with design and coding. We picked up DarkKanti and Kuma around this time, I think, really key guys that helped the site build the core reviews. Those were really good times. However, I was getting more and more frustrated with the quality of the site, completely blind to how my silly ambitions were intruding on others. I rid the site of a reviewer or two, and before long, we came to Nihon Review. I guess Seven and I came to the conclusion that AMG sounded too much like the well-known music reviewing service. Again, Ritalin helped Seven out on the coding, I believe. I wrote a ton of foundational stuff and made a lot of decisions that still stick around today.

I think this was around the time Sorrow joined. We had our eyes on Sorrow, who I thought was fantastic, and Seven eventually picked him up. Seven was the big recruiter and I usually gave the advice or ran the contests. We also picked up Kurier then, who just turned 14, I think, another key player. Initially the site was really simple, but I wanted the best. Keep in mind that I was still 15 or 16. I found a website that was able to use a new engine (this was when blogging was getting hot), Wordpress, to great effect. I didn't know it then, but Seven felt he was losing his own website with how much I wanted to do everything (and at one point, I did--exhausting stuff). He did less work and eventually he snapped back when I wanted to push Wordpress. The site almost blew up as a result because I handled the situation really poorly and had a massive ego. Eventually Seven submitted. It's one of the things I regret with the history of the site and it's been a while since I last talked about "making" the site, because I still can't see past just being a big asshole.

I arbitrarily found a guy from the middle east who was willing to work for $20. He put together the whole Wordpress system and it was missing some parts at first. Bravotwo agreed to keep making little edits through the weeks for no additional pay, even though we both knew his work, to other American programmers, was worth hundreds. Some time later new people came along and cleaned up the code, as well as introducing the look and function of the main page we know and love today (sorry this part is really fuzzy). I was getting weary of the site by then because of school and I was long done watching anime. I think I coined the Year in Review idea and that was my last bit with the site. The site became too much of a job and I promoted a handful of people to administrator. Sorrow was proving himself a worthy leader and eventually he took reigns of the project quietly and I stepped down happily. Maybe we've got PMs or forum posts of this period, but I barely remember it.

2006 came and I was popping in and out, not really doing anything, with barely the strength to edit drafts. I still remember the days when I had everyone submit original screenshots and I would crop them, host them, and post them myself. What a contrast. I graduated high school in 2007 and remember nothing of NHRV, because I did nothing. I watched from the sidelines in 2008. But 2008 was the key year when the site finally got their reviewers with incredible potential living up to that potential, and Sorrow's leadership was paying off double time. There was one guy I was skeptical about, but he turned out to be a trump card: Shadowmage. The site had a great roster with the likes of AC, Akira, Ascaloth, royal crown,  zzeroparticle and Kavik Ryx. By then the site's traffic had increased ten fold and has been holding steady since. The blog was finally picking up after a slow start in '07. And now here we are!

Sorry if I forgot anyone. If it becomes something official, Seven and I will try to mention everyone.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 07:35:01 AM by Tamashii »

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 08:58:47 AM »
It's very sad to see what AA has degenerated to. I still regularly post there - although they're usually useless ones, like bitching spambots - but seriously, nobody talks about anything anymore over there. Nobody is starting a topic because nobody would response. Nobody is responding because nobody is starting a topic.

Heck, we don't poke each other for birthday wishes anymore there.

After being unbanned, I've done more of the same and not left Misc or Art. The other boards started sucking even before I was banned. Then again, I was the original bitching spambot, 'cept I did so in the appropriate forums. 8/17/2005 R.I.P.

Wow I come here expecting some troll thread and what's this? I think this is the first time I've seen Seven so serious and personal. And thanks for the history lesson. From what I remember, SC didn't hate TIF at all, I recall him saying TIF was the best thing that happened to AA. I do remember SC treating Seven like shit though, several times, so he probably made some shit up about TIF.

Anyway yea, AA is dead. Let's just be glad Seven somehow tricked Tama and Sorrow to continue building this place? =D

Serious and personal? That doesn't sound like me at all! Ironically, I wasn't even drunk. SC power-tripped after he won the professorship and I was on the wrong side of his ego. Hard to believe that a 30-something man could be so childish.

This thread is awesome.

So am I.

I remembered that Sorrow wanted to do a Nihon Review history thing, and a few days back I was reflecting on how the site was built and how it came to be what it is today. I don't know if that's still a go, but I'll share some of my story (and if it was a go, I'd do it more formally har har). As for AA, I thought it was a great place for a long while until I got shaken by the drudgery of real life, and in turn, anime. It was all about personality, a gathering of pseudo-intellectuals, retards, nerds, geeks, and freaks. It was a community that was at times warm and welcoming, and at times bitter but still interesting. Regardless, I could never get as attached to it as many of you were, and I never bothered or could make an impression there. Most of what I remember is just a slur, being the 14-15 year old I was and having a lot of real life issues. I dropped the whole gag when things got more interesting; incompetent people were becoming "mods". Heavy in Nihon Review, I only saw AA in flashes and I can remember the ordeal with TIF and Seven, and I can't remember if I did anything or said anything. That's all in the past, it was good while it lasted, but I wish I experienced more, even if it was shittier, and remembered more. It certainly was a great time sink.

You have a very romanticized view of AA.

Onto the microwave dinner history lesson, and I really mean microwave dinner because my memory blows--
I saw Pheldie's Place and thought it was an interesting opportunity to review, something that AA inspired me to do. I don't recall exactly how I got involved, I just remember the purple layout of the birth site, and looking back, how Seven's gone a long way as a graphic designer since. (I called myself Boco, but after a few months it struck me as a retard's name, so I moved on, pulling heavy influence from one of my favorite songs and albums of all time, Tamashii no Refrain. I'm pretty sure I was still a retard, regardless)

We were kids and it was all cool, but I was an arrogant bastard. I wanted a lot more. Perhaps it was Seven's idea to review everything imaginable, but I believe it was my urging that pushed Pheldie's Place into AMG Reviews. It was a god awful name, honestly, but neither of us knew any better. I can't remember who came up with it, but it was an amalgamation of Anime, Manga, and Games--literally and physically. Except we never got to the manga part. The design came from Seven, and his idea was to feature a loli from an ero-game, I believe. I think we got Ritalin to help us at some point with design and coding. We picked up DarkKanti and Kuma around this time, I think, really key guys that helped the site build the core reviews. Those were really good times. However, I was getting more and more frustrated with the quality of the site, completely blind to how my silly ambitions were intruding on others. I rid the site of a reviewer or two, and before long, we came to Nihon Review. I guess Seven and I came to the conclusion that AMG sounded too much like the well-known music reviewing service. Again, Ritalin helped Seven out on the coding, I believe. I wrote a ton of foundational stuff and made a lot of decisions that still stick around today.

How the **** was I supposed to know she was from an ero game? I hunted for stocks everywhere on the tubes and that was the best one i could find! Plus, titties. Sweet delicious titties. Liegy and Rit helped with design if I recall correctly but only Rit helped with the coding. She also got me hooked on that eQuix design we used for some time. Somebody else helped with the design too. As for changing the name from AMG to NHRV, definitely your idea. Kuma and DK were both solid additions and DK and I still talk fairly regularly. He's a pot-smoking boxing mexican workin' the streets of LA now. Pheldie's Place was kick-ass though. Purple and yellow with Excel on the loading page.

I think this was around the time Sorrow joined. We had our eyes on Sorrow, who I thought was fantastic, and Seven eventually picked him up. Seven was the big recruiter and I usually gave the advice or ran the contests. We also picked up Kurier then, who just turned 14, I think, another key player. Initially the site was really simple, but I wanted the best. Keep in mind that I was still 15 or 16. I found a website that was able to use a new engine (this was when blogging was getting hot), Wordpress, to great effect. I didn't know it then, but Seven felt he was losing his own website with how much I wanted to do everything (and at one point, I did--exhausting stuff). He did less work and eventually he snapped back when I wanted to push Wordpress. The site almost blew up as a result because I handled the situation really poorly and had a massive ego. Eventually Seven submitted. It's one of the things I regret with the history of the site and it's been a while since I last talked about "making" the site, because I still can't see past just being a big asshole.

I'm still taking full credit for SK. The PM'S PROVE IT! As for Kuri, well, I love you Kenny-poo. The kid's a genius, I shit you not. As far as you being an asshole, it's all water under the bridge. Truthfully, I've always envied yours as well as Sorrow's drive to turn this place into a content goldmine. I lost interest in doing so a long time ago and it was people like you who made this place better than I'd ever imagined. You shouldn't feel like an asshole and I owe you an enormous thank you.

I arbitrarily found a guy from the middle east who was willing to work for $20. He put together the whole Wordpress system and it was missing some parts at first. Bravotwo agreed to keep making little edits through the weeks for no additional pay, even though we both knew his work, to other American programmers, was worth hundreds. Some time later new people came along and cleaned up the code, as well as introducing the look and function of the main page we know and love today (sorry this part is really fuzzy). I was getting weary of the site by then because of school and I was long done watching anime. I think I coined the Year in Review idea and that was my last bit with the site. The site became too much of a job and I promoted a handful of people to administrator. Sorrow was proving himself a worthy leader and eventually he took reigns of the project quietly and I stepped down happily. Maybe we've got PMs or forum posts of this period, but I barely remember it.

2006 came and I was popping in and out, not really doing anything, with barely the strength to edit drafts. I still remember the days when I had everyone submit original screenshots and I would crop them, host them, and post them myself. What a contrast. I graduated high school in 2007 and remember nothing of NHRV, because I did nothing. I watched from the sidelines in 2008. But 2008 was the key year when the site finally got their reviewers with incredible potential living up to that potential, and Sorrow's leadership was paying off double time. There was one guy I was skeptical about, but he turned out to be a trump card: Shadowmage. The site had a great roster with the likes of AC, Akira, Ascaloth, royal crown,  zzeroparticle and Kavik Ryx. By then the site's traffic had increased ten fold and has been holding steady since. The blog was finally picking up after a slow start in '07. And now here we are!

Sorry if I forgot anyone. If it becomes something official, Seven and I will try to mention everyone.
I remember bravotwo! Holy shit that was awesome! Scoot too! Woo! Remember, I don't hold any hard feelings, I just still think you're a bit of a dick. Love ya though and I miss talkin' to you. Last I spoke to you, you were at NYU or something. How's that going?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:47:38 AM by Seven »

Offline Akuhei

• <marquee><b><font color=

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 11:58:57 AM »
You definitely forgot about the worst 15 year old music reviewer in the history of the internet.

Courtesy of Seven like... 5 years ago.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »
Niner quit, yo.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 02:45:02 PM »
From what I remember, SC didn't hate TIF at all, I recall him saying TIF was the best thing that happened to AA. I do remember SC treating Seven like shit though, several times, so he probably made some shit up about TIF.

Yeah, that's what I think as well.  Probably to validate his position of being anti-Seven.  I miss The Doc.  Where is that son of a bitch?

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 08:12:46 PM »
You have a very romanticized view of AA.
Ah, the joys of being 14.

How the **** was I supposed to know she was from an ero game? I hunted for stocks everywhere on the tubes and that was the best one i could find! Plus, titties. Sweet delicious titties
Hilarious. Hilarious then, hilarious today. Good times.

Last I spoke to you, you were at NYU or something. How's that going?
Film school is good. Releasing a short in the festival circuit next month. Writing a lot. Trying to get my name out there. Same ol' same ol'.

I still like being a dick when it's useful. Life's got perks, live it all.

You definitely forgot about the worst 15 year old music reviewer in the history of the internet.
You can't be real. LOL. Hello!

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 09:55:01 PM »
You'd think after 5 years your view would have changed some...regardless, I'm happy to hear you're doing well in film school. Good luck getting your name out there and all. Worst case scenario you're a porn director ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:09:21 PM by Seven »

Offline Akira

• Warring with philistines.
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 04:55:47 PM »
And he says I'm pretentious. Film school.
I don't have opinions. I have facts.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2010, 07:45:11 PM »
Ivy League DEFINES pretentious.

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 08:18:01 PM »
True, but only when you're a trust fund baby, someone who wears J-Crew or Vineyard Vines exclusively, or have a name with roman numerals in it.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 08:23:39 PM »
Or if you go to an Ivy League school.

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 09:30:29 PM »
Sure.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 09:57:46 PM »
<3

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 10:29:48 PM »
1. full of pretense or pretension.
2. characterized by assumption of dignity or importance.
3. making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious.
-dictionary.com

I'd like to dispel any notion of film school being pretentious. Art schools always get lobbed with that label, and sometimes rightfully so. It can be unbearable riding the elevator with the school's acting or cinema studies students. But film school, one where a student attends to work as a writer, director (usually), cinematographer, or producer, is very far from pretentious. The group of kids that I know, and the students I encounter in class and mingle with outside of, have their heads deep in production. Constantly. The focus is always making the movie, and as such most of their works turn out to be trite, very inane, and even artless. This is at an institution supposedly at the top of the hierarchy. But these are charming down-to-earth kids, all of them with a lot of ambition, and almost none of them full of shit. I always found them to be the friendliest.

It's just a different story at the College of Arts and Science. I'm not talking with my ass, because I transferred from that school to Tisch after freshman year. Still, even in the film department, you've got to take classes at the CAS, and in those classes you'll also bump into students from the business school. Most of the kids in these classes are asshats. They will not sit next to each other in a crowded lecture hall, and they are the most selfish pricks I've ever met. You can't make friends with most of these people because they're robots and they're naturally exclusive. You almost gotta feel bad for them because they're all Ivy League rejects. Okay, I'm exaggerating. But it's hard not to feel that way whenever I'm in line at a printing hotspot. Everyone gives the person trying to print the evil eye, like their own paper weighs a few sacks of gold.

As for me, I've always thought others thought of me as part of the pretentious few of the film school bunch. But this is judging me based on the films I make, not in how I act or what I say. However, I do see my films as an extension of me, and in reflecting on it, maybe they're not so pretentious. When a film is an honest search for answers, of both the world and oneself, there are no airs. In fact, I could go as far as saying that filmmaking and screenwriting does not lend itself to pretentiousness easily, like painting would. Experimental film may be another issue, but narrative filmmaking requires an incredible investment--in research, time, and money. Stanley Kubrick is especially famous for his extensive research before writing a word of his scripts. And that is the norm of working screenwriters. Firstly, the film industry is obsessed with realism, and there's almost no workaround to that than significant research. Screenwriters are often paid to conduct "in-field" research. Secondly, how can you write about something you don't know? You just don't. The best spend years living as their characters, interviewing many subjects, and endlessly reading books. Filmmaking can sometimes take years. After being tied to a project for months, it's hard for a director to not find a sense of reason and purpose in what he shows to the world. You've got to find locations, you've got to get actors and rehearse them, you've got to think about how you're going to build the set or how you're going to shoot and light the scenes, and then you've got to think about how to edit it, what about the music? And how's this going to make it back onto several reels of 35mm film and into theater projectors? What about funding and money, where's that coming from? It's no wonder directors take years to make even one piece of work, while poets can just scribble anything that pops into their head and call it brilliant.

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 06:35:54 AM »
Someone takes personal offense at being called pretentious.

Which is fine with me, because I know full well that film school is far from pretentious. Schools are not inherently pretentious; the people that attend an institution make it so. Last semester, I had a friend of mine film a short production in my dorm, and believe me, judging from his frantic behavior and spells of deep thought on the set, I could tell that he cared deeply about his work, and tried his damnedest to make his vision a reality. There is much worth in such an endeavor, and I respect those who pursue their passion.

I know the business school sort. 90% of the economics majors here are like that. They're not interested in the subject, don't care about class, and only want the degree because they think it will help them succeed in landing a job at the Royal Bank of Scotland or something equally asinine and ludicrous. The tragedy of the situation is that they will never get those jobs. Their asshattery will prevent them from doing so.

But this is getting too serious.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2010, 11:46:04 AM »
I knew what you said was a joke, but it was a really good opportunity to further my own agenda, which is to deconstruct false notions about filmmaking that I encounter frequently elsewhere ( :) ). I hate to defend "film school" because it really isn't what many people (positively) believe it to be, but it's hard to entirely chew off the hand that feeds you. Regardless, that is a different story.

Offline zzeroparticle

• NEET
  • Reviewer
    • Google+
    • zzeroparticle's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with zzeroparticle using Skype
    • Steam Community :: zzeroparticle
    • @zzeroparticle
    • http://blog.animeinstrumentality.net/

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2010, 12:35:49 PM »
The tragedy of the situation is that they will never get those jobs. Their asshattery will prevent them from doing so.
You'd be surprised. Most of the asshats that I knew from my business classes in undergrad managed to get jobs in banking and consulting.  A shame, but that's how it is.

Not surprisingly, the biggest asshats that I've had to deal with at work are either i-bankers or lawyers.

Offline DrIdiot

• DrIdiot's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2010, 02:44:42 PM »
I think pretentious is one of those words that's become sort of overused and watered down.  I'm not accusing anyone here of doing this in particular, but a lot of the time I see it used to just outright dismiss "elitist" or "intellectual" ideas.  It's got a bit of a populist flair to it now, so I avoid using it.  Sort of like the way "epic" is now used to describe someone going out to a bar and spending $100 getting really shit faced rather than, say, Argonauts and war and the like.  Or how some people use "nihilism" to describe any work that has any sort of unconventional moral implication.  And this isn't new, but "irony" is probably misused more than it is used properly.

Also, I know a lot of people in Ivy League schools, and they're definitely not all "pretentious."  I think you do yourself a disservice by dismissing them as a whole like that.  Of course, there are some exceptions (example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_club).

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2010, 03:21:02 PM »
DrIdiot: I am in an Ivy League school.

zzeroparticle: Yes, but it's never what they expect it to be.

Offline Buttercup

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2010, 03:26:19 PM »
You'd be surprised. Most of the asshats that I knew from my business classes in undergrad managed to get jobs in banking and consulting.  A shame, but that's how it is.

Not surprisingly, the biggest asshats that I've had to deal with at work are either i-bankers or lawyers.
Hmmm... what do you guys define as asshats? O_O Because I'm majoring in business too... and probably 50% of my class is full of aggressive know-it-alls that think they'll all grow up being CEOs of Microsoft or something ^^'' they're actually all really stupid though (from what I can see) and just know how to BS really well >_>
Unfortunately, I also realized a lot of these people end up getting positions higher than me at work =S (or bigger companies at least...).  If I end up working for ExxonMobil, they end up with PwC =( it makes me cry a little.

Offline zzeroparticle

• NEET
  • Reviewer
    • Google+
    • @zzeroparticle

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2010, 03:44:09 PM »
and probably 50% of my class is full of aggressive know-it-alls that think they'll all grow up being CEOs of Microsoft or something ^^'' they're actually all really stupid though (from what I can see) and just know how to BS really well >_>
Pretty much this, though the ones who BS well mostly tend to be the consultant types. The aggressive know-it-alls that actually get things right 98% of the time but are beset by irritating personalities turn out to be i-bankers.  And in the 2% of the time that they do they mess up, they make financial crises like the one we're in now.

Also, the people who work at PwC tend to leave after 2-3 years anyhow. I don't know anyone in my class who's stayed in public accounting for a good long stretch of time.

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2010, 03:46:31 PM »
Then there's me. The guy who majors in Econ and dreams of working at the SEC.

:V

Offline zzeroparticle

• NEET
  • Reviewer
    • Google+
    • @zzeroparticle

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2010, 03:49:28 PM »
Akira: maybe my sample of people is different, but most of the wannabe i-bankers were prepared for their 100+ hour work weeks. You don't go into i-banking without someone at least giving you a warning about how hellacious working life is unless you're all LALALALALA I'M NOT LISTENING!!!!

And nothing wrong with working at the SEC. It's a fun revolving door should you take the corrupt route and leave the SEC and advise banks on how to get around the regulations :v

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2010, 03:50:23 PM »
It's not that. They don't live a fulfilling existence. They're not there because they love it.

And THAT, is why I hate Econ majors. :V

Offline zzeroparticle

• NEET
  • Reviewer
    • Google+
    • @zzeroparticle

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2010, 03:53:31 PM »
Well yeah, no disagreement there.  They're in it for the bigbux + trophy wife. Having an existence in which they create something beautiful is an abhorrent concept to them.  And before you ask, conducting a merger and acquisition deal of companies that are so mismatched as to be laughable is hardly what anyone would call something beautiful :p

Offline Buttercup

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2010, 03:55:51 PM »
It's not that. They don't live a fulfilling existence. They're not there because they love it.

And THAT, is why I hate Econ majors. :V
Haha! Why major in something you hate? O_o My mom was an econ major... I think she switched to finance somewhere down the line...

@zzero:
I actually HAVE to work in the public accounting sector first to get the designation I want.  I don't plan to do it long-term.... And I think PwC is the best compared to the other Big 4 firms >_>

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2010, 03:57:38 PM »
I hate the people. I love the subject. You do find genuine people in the major. The school, on a whole, is very un-douchey. Maybe that's why we didn't make the "douchiest colleges" list! :V

Offline Buttercup

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2010, 04:04:48 PM »
I don't know a lot of people that genuinely like econ so congrats to you ^^'' I had to take it in my first two years and even though I didn't do badly, I found it really dry to learn T_T (no offense).

There's a list of douchiest colleges? -_-'

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2010, 04:07:48 PM »
Yeah, on GQ. Good stuff, really. I found it pretty funny. Econ is pretty dry, but I like it nonetheless.

Offline zzeroparticle

• NEET
  • Reviewer
    • Google+
    • @zzeroparticle

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2010, 04:21:38 PM »
@zzero:
I actually HAVE to work in the public accounting sector first to get the designation I want.  I don't plan to do it long-term.... And I think PwC is the best compared to the other Big 4 firms >_>
Yeah, I sorta figured that's what you're gunning for. I work for a regional CPA firm myself and the work isn't bad.  As long as you get a good group of clients to work with, the work is bearable and sometimes enjoyable when you see the stuff they're doing.  Or you get a lot of stories that you can tell people. 

Once you pass that dreadful exam, you can move around pretty easily. If you want me to rant about how silly the CPA exam is, feel free to ask since I've been there (and passed!). =D

Econ's fun. Law and Econ was really fun. Probably my 2nd favorite class that I took as an undergrad.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2010, 06:16:08 PM »
I think we have a bunch of asians talking to each other.

CORRECT ME PLEASE.

Offline Buttercup

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2010, 07:32:23 PM »
@ Akira: Lol, I don't read GQ =P but the article was pretty interesting.  The only time I actually read a GQ magazine was when Shia LaBeouf was on the cover ^^

@ zzero: Does that mean if I ever need help with my 239484 case studies, I can ask you? =) I actually really like marketing best out of all the business streams.  Too bad I'm not going down that road...

@ Tamashii: Mixed asian? Does that help?

Offline zzeroparticle

• NEET
  • Reviewer
    • Google+
    • @zzeroparticle

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2010, 08:42:50 PM »
@Tama: Pleading the fifth, yo.

@Buttercup: As long as they're not written by the clowns at Harvard. I hold nothing but derision and contempt for whoever writes and proofreads those Harvard business cases because of the internal inconsistencies that are littered throughout. :p

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2010, 09:54:05 PM »
If I am reading this correctly, we have a half asian who is also female and around my age.

OH MY ****ING GOD A;SIDKUR;LAKNV;LADIKRJ;LAKSDRJ;ALKNV;OAKDRU

I'll stop being a creeper now. :V

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2010, 10:01:53 PM »
I didn't know you were into older women. She's three years your senior, probably. When she dates you, you'll have to call her Big Sis. Affectionately.

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2010, 10:04:49 PM »
I can't believe I'm still this young. Ludicrous.

I am somewhat into slightly older women in real life. It helps dispel all myths about me being a lolicon.

Also, Tamashii, if you're at NYU, we should grab lunch one of these days when I trudge out of my post-industrial wasteland and down into civilization.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2010, 10:08:12 PM »
I think we have a bunch of asians talking to each other.

CORRECT ME PLEASE.

I'm not Asian.  I've got a big dick.

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2010, 10:10:23 PM »
A common misconception. If we revealed to the world that we have big dicks, then every other race would literally have nothing to live for. :V

Offline Buttercup

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2010, 10:31:54 PM »
LOL! Reading this actually made me laugh XP

@ Tamashii: I don't think I'm THAT old =(

@ Akira: Haha so you're not interested in 12 year olds that put on enough makeup to look like they're 20? =P And I'm not half asian... my blood just has a lot of different ethnic backgrounds running through it, mostly from Asia... 

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2010, 10:38:48 PM »
It's all good. I have a strict non-discrimination policy.

Get back to me on the 12 year old looking like a 20-year old thing. Hrm... what  a conundrum indeed! >_>;

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2010, 10:41:47 PM »
Akira I don't date guys. I understand that being a bisexual can be a relieving experience, especially after many teenage years of sexual frustration that you couldn't really put a finger on until your lab partner confessed his affection for you over yet another sake bomb in the local Toad's Place against a backdrop of roots reggae, whose pulsing bass was heightening a tense, intriguing situation by slapping your heart to the rhythm of your own blood and vibration. There was a pause--a bitter, gentle precursor--and you had almost forgotten your drunk friend's sudden avowance until a tingle itched your genitalia, yet you were not surprised. On the floor anxiously nuzzling, both of you knew you had stepped onto muddy fresh pastures, leaving behind that cold concrete. You saw your past sprint overhead as its soft gust whimpered in your ear canals. And you understood everything. You said aloud, but to no one in particular, I mean you were at a crowded show, who would give a shit, "Now I like roots reggae." I've had friends who've gone through the same catharsis. I understand. But because I find what I've just described particularly loathsome, I have to decline on that offer for lunch, and that implied offer for a trip to MoMa afterwards.

On a more serious note, let me know when you're around. Even if my crib is in Brooklyn, I always keep it hip in lower Manhattan. You're hailing from New Haven and you want to go to the big city? And by train I suppose? Aw, I wonder if the big city doesn't feel special now?

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2010, 10:47:41 PM »
Bisexuality: Nature's Party Train.

We keep it classy at Toad's, man. What with the Slut Bus coming every Saturday and such.

"Toad's: Where Rape is a Dance Move and Consent is Implied."

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2010, 11:28:34 PM »
I'm not Asian.  I've got a big dick.

I'm not Asian either but that doesn't predispose me to having a big dick nor does it preclude the occasional Asian from having a penis larger than 4 inches.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2010, 03:55:53 AM »
Get back to me on the 12 year old looking like a 20-year old thing. Hrm... what  a conundrum indeed! >_>;
You like precocious nymphos? That's funny; I thought you like them because they look their age.

Speaking about business, I like it. As an information systems major, I love the business aspect but hate the computing shat. Worse, seeing as how I tend to enjoy Japanese and its linguistics more, I don't even know if I made the right choice. I'm just riding the wave and see where it leads me.

And what's the beef in having a big dick? It only satisfies half the criteria, anyway.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2010, 04:43:36 AM »
You guys do realize that I'm snowed in, right?

EDIT: Me and everyone else in the northeast. Holy shit it just keeps building. I have to buy groceries. I just woke up desperately starving. ****.

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2010, 05:51:07 AM »
OH **** IT'S SNOWING OUTSIDE

It was raining yesterday and I just assumed we'd experience rain. >_>;

RE dicks: It's not about how deep you fish, it's about how you wiggle the worm.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2010, 06:14:35 AM »
Let's be honest, it's about how many dicks.

HUSBAND: Well, babe, I've grown that "fourth leg" finally. (chuckles)
WIFE: Yes. Yes you have. Thank you.
(they embrace)

Offline Buttercup

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2010, 07:01:05 AM »
But because I find what I've just described particularly loathsome, I have to decline on that offer for lunch, and that implied offer for a trip to MoMa afterwards.

What's wrong with going to MoMa?! I love going there and playing with their funky little gadgets >_> my housemates like that kind of stuff so our kitchen is filled with hugging salt and pepper shakers XP

And yes, it's snowing outside for me too =(
But I don't get why you would have a fourth leg.... o_O

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2010, 07:17:31 AM »
Airmail teh snow over here. It's been humid and 95 degrees for the last few days, without any drizzle.

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2010, 11:11:13 AM »
We would most definitely not be going to MoMa. You will visit my old haunt in Midtown Manhattan, a very small and amazing Japanese bar named Hagi. It is here we shall make our last stand and celebrate the things that make us men.

Also... BC is in New York? >_>;;; What is up with all you northeasterners...

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »
Blizzardcane or whatever the Weather Channel has been calling it is what's up. I haven't seen this much snow since the '93/'96 storms. Eat your heart out V-day '06.

2 feet of snow with another 2-4 inches on the way. I'm okay with this. Never in my life have I been called off work on two consecutive days nor have I ever been snowed in to an extent where I lose the desire to dig myself out. Snowdrifts up to my chest and I'm in the city! It doesn't help that we're out of food too because my roommate and his fatass pregnant girlfriend ate all the food. Sure, I didn't pay for it, but when I cover 90% of the living expenses, I demand that there at least be a box of Hot Pockets for when I get hungry.

Also, with all this talk of NYC, suddenly I want to go now. I love Manhattan.

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2010, 11:30:06 AM »
**** it, we're all going to Manhattan.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2010, 11:32:54 AM »
**** it, we're all going to Manhattan.

I'm supposed to take my girlfriend to NYC to catch a play and visit MoMA because she's never been to NYC. Left me thinking, "How on earth can you be an art major and never been to MoMA?" You guys should meet us for a fun time.

Just look for the tall fat white guy with overalls and a straw hat. :3

Offline Buttercup

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2010, 11:46:21 AM »
@ Seven:
You make yourself sound so attractive o_O lol! but yes! Go to MoMA! Especially the gift shop =) Everything is overpriced but SO cute!

@ Akira:
I don't live in Manhattan =( I wish! I just love going to shop and eat.... especially Masa ^^

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2010, 11:49:25 AM »
Well shit, if ever we're all around, we should all get together, to be honest. That'd be pretty sweet. Plus, I finally get to meet all you crazy mother****ers.

Offline Kavik Ryx

• Yellow Ranger
  • Ex-Reviewer
    • Einlayzner's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with EInlayzner using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Zyxro

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2010, 01:29:23 PM »
Balls. Every other American on NHRV is on either the Eastern or Western Seaboard, and I'm stuck in Middle ****ing America. BTW, what school do you go to?

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2010, 01:42:25 PM »
I go to Manhattan everyday, or used to, (and probably will again very soon when life gets busy) and I hate it. There's very little to like about the city and you get jaded so easily living here. Morning, breakfast, four blocks walking, train, three blocks walking, building, train, four blocks walking, dinner. It's noisy, I like quieter places, like Brooklyn, but Brooklyn is way ugly. You'd always be asking yourself, "Why is it always so windy? The buildings aren't THAT tall down in greenwich village!" If you get huge trust fund checks, you'll love the hell out of the city because that's the best part about it: all the shit you can do, eat, and buy.

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2010, 02:02:52 PM »
Balls. Every other American on NHRV is on either the Eastern or Western Seaboard, and I'm stuck in Middle ****ing America. BTW, what school do you go to?

Yale.

I sound like a douchebag whenever I answer that question, so I hate being asked it. :V

Offline zzeroparticle

• NEET
  • Reviewer
    • Google+
    • @zzeroparticle

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2010, 02:22:12 PM »
I think royalcrown is out in St. Louis if that makes you feel any better. Though he be a yeti around these parts nowadays.

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2010, 02:45:26 PM »
Yeah, he's gone.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2010, 05:02:44 PM »
But I don't get why you would have a fourth leg.... o_O

Oh so naiive.  Oh god, why does THAT turn me on?

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2010, 09:39:20 PM »
Oh so naiive.  Oh god, why does THAT turn me on?

Mmm, the innocence of a virgin mind.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]   Go Up