Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 21, 2017, 02:23:13 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm bored  (Read 19977 times)

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

I'm bored
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:03:39 PM »
Somebody entertain me.

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

Re: I'm bored
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 11:20:08 PM »
Go watch Gundam Unicorn.  :p

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 11:21:38 PM »
I don't have the desire to partake in another shitty Gundam series.

Offline Shadowmage

• Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 11:23:55 PM »
It's good.  Though it'll probably take two to three years to finish so that's probably a wise choice.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 11:27:26 PM »
The last time I tried watching a series as it was released, I chose FMA Brotherhood and after 15 episodes I decided that I couldn't stand it anymore. That shit killed anime for me.

Offline Shadowmage

• Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 11:41:27 PM »
Well, damn.  Unicorn is the only bright and shiny thing I can think of recently aside of Durarara.  Would you have happened to seen Baccano! or Gurren Lagann?

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 11:58:41 PM »
To be quite honest, I can count the number of series I've seen total on both hands. I've never been an enormous fan of anime but more of a casual viewer who liked things such as DBZ when I was 12. That led to me finding a couple other things I liked but from then on I rarely strayed too far from the beaten path. The last thing that piqued my interest before Brotherhood was the original FMA and before that, it was .hack and CB. In between I caught Trigun and some other shit, but for the most part I haven't seen much anime in my life.

I've seen enough to have my girlfriend call me a dork though. I'm happy with that. She's amazed I know how to edit Windows Registry keys.

Offline Shadowmage

• Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 12:08:28 AM »

And you made this site?

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 12:18:16 AM »
Well, when I started PP/AMG/NHRV, I planned on immersing myself in anime as well as using it as a tool to help myself learn how to write code and build websites. I also wanted to make my own AA. I liked some of the things they did but they said my writing was immature and this was my big, "**** you!" I gathered a couple of friends who shared my supposed "passion" for anime and got them to agree to submit stuff too. The problem with geocities was that there was no way for me to set up user profiles and no databases. I had a proboards forum and everybody had the admin password. I trolled around AA for a while and got Tamashii/Boco (LOL) to agree to help me out. I dropped 90 bucks on a host and designed AMG with Tama. Or Tama designed it and I helped. Whatev. Regardless, we found more AA rejects and kept on working. Somewhere in this timeframe I was banned from AA and was therein able to devote some time to building AMG but it wasn't a real priority. Then Tama pulled a huge ****ing heist and lured SK to AMG and from there on in, the rest is history. Sorrow-kun and Tamashii are the reasons NHRV is successful. Early days, most of the credit goes to Tama but from 2006 on in, SK has made NHRV what it is.

Seriously. Turned my backwards scrap heap into a respectable site with solid content and a great core of reviewers. I wish I shared his passion. I don't think Sorrow-kun gets the kind of gratification he deserves but I doubt he wants praise heaped on him. Instead, I sometimes do that by trollin' his (since NHRV is his now) website and making his posts look Shakespearean.

/history lesson

Offline Shadowmage

• Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 12:35:06 AM »
Jesus Christ.  Your history takes me way back once upon a time when Ninebreaker was still a friendly, helpful person, and I was learning that complete, coherent sentences were a good thing. 

Whatever got you banned from AA?  I've suspected it was something to do with IRC, but considering that General Anime was my common dwelling, I didn't going to Misc. much so I really wouldn't know.

Offline Sorrow-kun

• War Criminal
  • Administrator
    • Sorrow-kun's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with sorrow-k using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Sorrow_kun
    • @Sorrow_kun
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 12:35:46 AM »
Then Tama pulled a huge ****ing heist and lured SK to AMG and from there on in, the rest is history.
WRONG, bitch.  You got me here.  Tama had nothing to do with it.  I've got the private messages to prove it.

Offline Shadowmage

• Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 12:36:53 AM »
Then Tama pulled a huge ****ing heist and lured SK to AMG and from there on in, the rest is history.
WRONG, bitch.  You got me here.  Tama had nothing to do with it.  I've got the private messages to prove it.

Shame the great server purge has destroyed it. 

Online TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 12:50:56 AM »
Somebody entertain me.

Hey look!  Keys!

DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY DINGLY

I'm just like you, only smarter™.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 12:55:48 AM »
Niner was always a douche, don't kid yourself.

I was banned for a couple reasons. Of course my view is completely different from what you'll get elsewhere, but there's two sides to every story. Anyway, in '05/'06 TIF was banned for being a dick. Who would have guessed, right? So after TIF was banned, other professors/mods petitioned that I was equally useless to the community and I got some warnings from a certain professor about how my behavior was inappropriate and that if I kept up, I'd be banned. Considering at this point I had refined myself to post only in Art and Misc, I was pissed because nobody gives a shit about those sections. Oh, I also made a stink about how the "celebrations" forum was ****ing stupid too. So,  I send said certain professor a PM calling him a nazi amongst other things. I kept it private and, while I agree that my PM was childish and stupid, I didn't take my issues out into the public realm. So really, I was banned over a PM to soundchazer and all the mods had a good laugh at my expense.

I'll admit, I had an air of elitism about me during that time and I thought my post count enabled me to think that I was a valued member of the community and that newbies needed to "learn their place" so to speak. Of course, every 16 year old with 3,000 posts thinks that which is why the majority of forums suck. Douchebags like 16 year-old me.

@SK: Did I really? Well, let me rephrase. I pulled the biggest ****ing heist and lured SK to AMG and I take sole credit for every good thing that has happened therein. I'm the shit. And Shadowmage, all the PM's were at AA. If he still has them, I'd like to see them. Maybe I can use similar tactics to convince my roommate to clean the ****ing house and make his room not smell like shit.

*edit: See what I mean? TIF is a total douche.

I've always liked you though. :P

Online TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 12:58:35 AM »
I'd like to state for the record that I was fully aware of the pretenses behind Seven's banning and I thought it was a worse crime than my own.

I was banned for being a ****tard.  You were banned because of a ****ing fairness doctrine.  Soundchazer told me the whole story and it really infuriated me.  It's one thing to ban me, it's another to use me as an excuse to ban someone else.
I'm just like you, only smarter™.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All   Go Up