Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 19, 2017, 09:33:28 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Congratulations kadian1364, Buttercup and Kylaran  (Read 9352 times)

Offline Buttercup

• Ex-Reviewer

Re: Congratulations kadian1364, Buttercup and Kylaran
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 04:01:22 PM »
After a few days of being unable to sit still at the computer because of Chinese New Year and people bugging me (failed the ReCaptcha for registration twice because of pesky relatives)...

Congratulations to the three of you for edging out the rest of the competitors such as myself. It looks to be a fantastic privilege, and I hope to see the three of you maintain the quality you've shown in your three application pieces. I'm especially intrigued by the fact that kadian1364 and Buttercup chose to write reviews in which they gave 8s, because the review I turned in was also an 8. Everyone wants to write a good piece without fawning over their favorite show?

I'd also like to thank Sorrow-kun for hosting the staff contest. It was an interesting experience, and it broke my unconsciously self-imposed 3 year (4 year?) hiatus from contributing anything on the internet. I had some fun with it, even if it was a spur-of-the-moment-hey-why-not-oh-tomorrow's-the-deadline sort of thing. If you'd like some feedback on the contest, I'm happy to oblige.

In other news, C0MPL3X is gaguri? Maybe I need to start actually paying attention to sigs...
Happy Chinese New Year to you and everyone else too =) That and Valentine's Day had my hands full so I haven't checked the forum since like Friday >_<

It's nice to meet you by the way! And actually, I didn't notice the 8/10 rating until you mentioned it >_> the reason I only gave (one of) my favorite dramas an 8 is because.... I wanted to be fair and not sound like I'm really pushing to sell something as 10/10 when there ARE mistakes and flaws that people wouldn't like =P
It was that or I wanted to write a review on 11eyes.... -.-'

- B

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

Re: Congratulations kadian1364, Buttercup and Kylaran
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »
After a few days of being unable to sit still at the computer because of Chinese New Year and people bugging me (failed the ReCaptcha for registration twice because of pesky relatives)...

Congratulations to the three of you for edging out the rest of the competitors such as myself. It looks to be a fantastic privilege, and I hope to see the three of you maintain the quality you've shown in your three application pieces. I'm especially intrigued by the fact that kadian1364 and Buttercup chose to write reviews in which they gave 8s, because the review I turned in was also an 8. Everyone wants to write a good piece without fawning over their favorite show?

I'd also like to thank Sorrow-kun for hosting the staff contest. It was an interesting experience, and it broke my unconsciously self-imposed 3 year (4 year?) hiatus from contributing anything on the internet. I had some fun with it, even if it was a spur-of-the-moment-hey-why-not-oh-tomorrow's-the-deadline sort of thing. If you'd like some feedback on the contest, I'm happy to oblige.

In other news, C0MPL3X is gaguri? Maybe I need to start actually paying attention to sigs...

Hi Elineas, nice to see you come onboard the NHRW forums.

Both Shadowmage and I vouch for your application entry, we really did. I actually like your entry because it's somewhat Shadowmage's writing style, with some personal differences. "Everyone wants to write a good piece without fawning over their favorite show?", you say? Hmm... every one of us has inner fans screaming for certain shows, that's inevitable, but I think we here are in NHRW because we strive to write good reviews. Good reviews aren't supposed to please the crowd; rather, they're supposed to voice out the writer's opinions and reason why the writer says what he/she said. In fact, I think SK prefers disagreement; that way, we have debates, and debates are mostly desirable.

If we have another staff contest, please apply again. It's just unlucky that you didn't win for this one. And yes, C0MPL3X is indeed gaguri. Plus, I've just realized that former name actually contains "0", not "O".

Happy Chinese Valentine's New Year Day, everyone. It's been a boring period in my life; almost 80% of all shops were closed over at my place during the first two days of CNY.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up