Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 21, 2017, 09:32:32 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Congratulations kadian1364, Buttercup and Kylaran  (Read 9359 times)

Offline Sorrow-kun

• War Criminal
  • Administrator
    • Sorrow-kun's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with sorrow-k using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Sorrow_kun
    • @Sorrow_kun
    • The Nihon Review

Congratulations kadian1364, Buttercup and Kylaran
« on: February 10, 2010, 07:16:00 PM »
Congrats to the winners of the first NHRV staff contest.

Wish our latest staff members good luck here.

Offline LTGMars

Re: Congratulations kadian1364, Buttercup and Kylaran
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 08:06:18 PM »
Congratulations to Buttercup and Kylaran, and especially to my big brother, kadian1364! I promise that I won't just be trolling to embarrass you (as appetizing as that sounds).

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 01:20:21 AM »
@LGTMars

YOU! JOIN THE NHRW PANEL (in the next contest)!

This is just me saying, but I personally find it more fitting that kadian1364 and Buttercup should be renamed as Kadian and Butters respectively. I don't see the purpose for the 4 digits, or the "Powerpuffy" name.

Bah, who am I kiddin'? My name's no better anyway. I called myself after what I think is one of the best inventions created by man: the Air Conditioner.

Congrats, you three!

Offline Kylaran

• A Priori Impossibility
  • Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 01:29:34 AM »
Congrats to kadian and Buttercup (I also played WoW for many, many, years)!

I'm very, very excited to be here. :D Looking forward to working with everyone from the staff, as well as the regular members of the community -- it'll be a great experience.

Offline zzeroparticle

• NEET
  • Reviewer
    • Google+
    • zzeroparticle's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with zzeroparticle using Skype
    • Steam Community :: zzeroparticle
    • @zzeroparticle
    • http://blog.animeinstrumentality.net/

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 01:52:15 AM »
My name's no better anyway. I called myself after what I think is one of the best inventions created by man: the Air Conditioner.

Congrats, you three!

I always thought it stood for AnimeCritic :v

Anyways, glad to have you three on board!

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 01:56:38 AM »
I trimmed it (or being trimmed) to AC because it happens to abbreviates (for air-con). Can't live without it, especially for one who lives near the equator.

Offline C0MPL3X

• :3

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 03:46:52 AM »
Wow congrats to Sorrow for fishing out kadian. I know some big blogs that want him under their team, good job. Well kadian, at least now you have some place to write your opinions, and if you stick around the forum you might see a not so polite side of me from Ha Neul Seom >=D

Offline Buttercup

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 06:59:50 AM »
Thanks everybody =) and congrats to Kylaran and kadian1364 as well ^^

This is just me saying, but I personally find it more fitting that kadian1364 and Buttercup should be renamed as Kadian and Butters respectively. I don't see the purpose for the 4 digits, or the "Powerpuffy" name.

Bah, who am I kiddin'? My name's no better anyway. I called myself after what I think is one of the best inventions created by man: the Air Conditioner.

Congrats, you three!
LOL I actually wasn't thinking of using such a "Powerpuffy" name =S but... it's been with me for a long time so I decided to stick with it.  Feel free to call me Butters if you want tho! ^^ Just... not cup -___-'

@ Kylaran:
I actually have very little time for WoW these days >_> I play only on Tuesdays/Sundays when I'm forced to haha!

Offline fuu

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 07:08:41 AM »
Congrats everyone. Be sure to work long and hard and be cyber-slaves to the tyrannous Sorrow-kun.

Offline Akira

• Warring with philistines.
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 08:02:31 AM »
Good, the blog won't be so lonely anymore... welcome aboard. It's nice to see new faces around here.
I don't have opinions. I have facts.

Offline Kavik Ryx

• Yellow Ranger
  • Ex-Reviewer
    • Einlayzner's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with EInlayzner using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Zyxro

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 08:10:34 AM »
@ C0MPL3X

Don't be so calm. Sooner or later we'll reel you in as well. Your writing will be adapted to served ours. Resistance is futile.

On a more pleasant note, I welcome three more individuals who will no doubt be of greater value to the NHRV than I. And it's also nice to see another LoGH fan around here.

Offline kadian1364

• Joined the Dark Side for the dental plan
  • Reviewer
    • MAL profile

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 02:42:06 PM »
good luck Buttercup and Kyalaran. Us rookies gots to stick together.

I guess we'll be seeing ("seeing") each other around here more often, so lets try to get along fellas :D

Offline LTGMars

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 02:48:56 PM »
Pointedly ignoring your sister... I see what you did (didn't do) there.

Heartbroken. Heartbroken, I tell ya.

Offline Buttercup

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 03:29:24 PM »
@ C0MPL3X

Don't be so calm. Sooner or later we'll reel you in as well. Your writing will be adapted to served ours. Resistance is futile.

On a more pleasant note, I welcome three more individuals who will no doubt be of greater value to the NHRV than I. And it's also nice to see another LoGH fan around here.
Why doesn't COMPL3X wanna contribute? >_>

Now I'm not so sure this was such a good idea lol =P

Offline Sorrow-kun

• War Criminal
  • Administrator
    • @Sorrow_kun
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »
C0MPL3X writes for his own blog, Ha Neul Seom, which we're really big fans of around here, since it's one of the best anime blogs on the net.  He also has RL commitments and whatnot to keep him busy, which is why he's never signed on around here.  (Believe me, we've tried to get him in, but he's a tough nut to crack. :P)

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 04:28:53 PM »
I never said I was a fan.

Always arbitrarily contrary, I am. :V

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 06:23:50 PM »
Hey folks, you're a bunch of sad monkeys and I wish you the worst luck. I am thoroughly laughing because I have jelly beans, though I may also be thoroughly choking on them in a minute. Actually it doesn't matter because the world ends tomorrow. I hope you liked your accomplishment.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? >:(

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 06:25:05 PM »
C0MPL3X writes for his own blog, Ha Neul Seom, which we're really big fans of around here, since it's one of the best anime blogs on the net.  He also has RL commitments and whatnot to keep him busy, which is why he's never signed on around here.  (Believe me, we've tried to get him in, but he's a tough nut to crack. :P)
Yes, I've tried hiring him because I've seen him written a review on Gankutsuou. I was damn mesmerized. In the end, I've let my attempts go to rest.

If you want to know how good he is, he's the sample. Surprisingly, SK was the topic maker for the contest.

@Tama

That's his message of love, right there :V

Offline Ascaloth

• Yo! Yo!
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 07:09:14 PM »
Welcome, newcomers.

I have just one bit of advice for you guys, so listen up carefully 'cause this will make your career in NHRV that much smoother;

Sorrow always has the final say.

Good luck, guys. ;)

Offline Buttercup

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 09:26:15 PM »
Awwwww... well I'm sure COMPL3X will come around then.  Seeing as how you guys all love him so much >_> In case he actually reads this, I actually spent some time reading his blog =P I tend to get carried away when I'm reading and have spare time.

OH!.... and question! I've been meaning to ask... how did you pick us as winners? Or did Sorrow kinda just draw straws? lol

-B

Offline Sorrow-kun

• War Criminal
  • Administrator
    • @Sorrow_kun
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 09:40:08 PM »
Yeah, drawing straws essentially.  You'll find out in time, but that's a "behind closed doors" issue.

Offline Flash Sword Irene

• Gundamtastic Orgasm
  • Beast of Possibility

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 11:46:14 PM »
Congratulations on winning the contest guys and happy Chinese New Years to everyone.  Also, I will be trolling you guys and/or your blogs soon enough because that is my job.  In fact, Sorrow hired me to serve as the resident troll for the forums and I am also in charge of the hazing rituals too.  So, you will learn to love (and fear) my skills as they are the best in the world.  Don't worry as it will all be painless since gaguri/Compl3x here will be able to tell you that with his endorsement of my terrorization of his blog.  :D

Oh shit.  Now that I remember, I am going to run the hell away now since I divulged a secret here and Sorrow is probably going to start hurling those bombs of moe crap that I dispise so much.  (Dashes away from the explosions).

Online TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 03:20:18 AM »
OH!.... and question! I've been meaning to ask... how did you pick us as winners? Or did Sorrow kinda just draw straws? lol

-B

You sucked less than the competition.

Hi, by the way, I'm TIF.  Congrats on becoming a reviewer.  All of you.  Remember that you are obligated to watch the shit as much as the good stuff.  Every once in a while, we all have to write a review on Kampfer.  It's amusing seeing how many synonyms for "sucks" a reviewer can use in a single post.
I'm just like you, only smarter™.

Offline C0MPL3X

• :3

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 07:59:34 AM »
Congratulations on winning the contest guys and happy Chinese New Years to everyone.  Also, I will be trolling you guys and/or your blogs soon enough because that is my job.  In fact, Sorrow hired me to serve as the resident troll for the forums and I am also in charge of the hazing rituals too.  So, you will learn to love (and fear) my skills as they are the best in the world.  Don't worry as it will all be painless since gaguri/Compl3x here will be able to tell you that with his endorsement of my terrorization of his blog.  :D
Haha spam and troll as much as you want in my blog, anything to save it from slow death and inactivity. Actually, you never came back to comment on the final episode of Mouryou no Hakko!

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2010, 08:30:06 AM »
TIF's job is to get banned from as many forums as he can. These forums just can't handle him, like we can. Plus, his ruthless approach towards crap-tacular anime is spectacular.

Offline Akira

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2010, 11:29:05 AM »
Wait, I haven't seen ANY of you ****ers before. Where the HELL have you all been?

(other than TIF and AC, obviously.)

Offline Elineas

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 08:34:06 AM »
After a few days of being unable to sit still at the computer because of Chinese New Year and people bugging me (failed the ReCaptcha for registration twice because of pesky relatives)...

Congratulations to the three of you for edging out the rest of the competitors such as myself. It looks to be a fantastic privilege, and I hope to see the three of you maintain the quality you've shown in your three application pieces. I'm especially intrigued by the fact that kadian1364 and Buttercup chose to write reviews in which they gave 8s, because the review I turned in was also an 8. Everyone wants to write a good piece without fawning over their favorite show?

I'd also like to thank Sorrow-kun for hosting the staff contest. It was an interesting experience, and it broke my unconsciously self-imposed 3 year (4 year?) hiatus from contributing anything on the internet. I had some fun with it, even if it was a spur-of-the-moment-hey-why-not-oh-tomorrow's-the-deadline sort of thing. If you'd like some feedback on the contest, I'm happy to oblige.

In other news, C0MPL3X is gaguri? Maybe I need to start actually paying attention to sigs...

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 09:04:03 AM »
I suppose I should give a warm welcome to everyone new here now that my massive programming project (and foul mood) has blown over.  I am grateful for your contributions to our humble community and I hope you enjoy your stay.

As for you Elineas, I did vouch for you, but this contest was the most brutal we've ever seen. 

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.

Offline Alba

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 03:09:50 PM »
Hey there,
I'm new here, but I didn't think that should stop me from congratulating the three who won the staff contest... so, to the the three of you: Congratulations! Write well, and rate well - will save me from watching bad anime.
Oh and I know its late, but hope I it still counts (been having the worst week and finally got a chance to breathe).

A side note: I love how you ask the sum of some numbers when registering; makes me feel so much better about my math abilities.

Offline Sorrow-kun

• War Criminal
  • Administrator
    • @Sorrow_kun
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 03:18:55 PM »
That and the reCAPTCHA are supposed to stop the spam bots... and yet they still somehow find a way to get through.  Well, at least we're stopping people who suck at maths (ironic how the spam bots are smarter than they are...)

Offline Buttercup

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 04:01:22 PM »
After a few days of being unable to sit still at the computer because of Chinese New Year and people bugging me (failed the ReCaptcha for registration twice because of pesky relatives)...

Congratulations to the three of you for edging out the rest of the competitors such as myself. It looks to be a fantastic privilege, and I hope to see the three of you maintain the quality you've shown in your three application pieces. I'm especially intrigued by the fact that kadian1364 and Buttercup chose to write reviews in which they gave 8s, because the review I turned in was also an 8. Everyone wants to write a good piece without fawning over their favorite show?

I'd also like to thank Sorrow-kun for hosting the staff contest. It was an interesting experience, and it broke my unconsciously self-imposed 3 year (4 year?) hiatus from contributing anything on the internet. I had some fun with it, even if it was a spur-of-the-moment-hey-why-not-oh-tomorrow's-the-deadline sort of thing. If you'd like some feedback on the contest, I'm happy to oblige.

In other news, C0MPL3X is gaguri? Maybe I need to start actually paying attention to sigs...
Happy Chinese New Year to you and everyone else too =) That and Valentine's Day had my hands full so I haven't checked the forum since like Friday >_<

It's nice to meet you by the way! And actually, I didn't notice the 8/10 rating until you mentioned it >_> the reason I only gave (one of) my favorite dramas an 8 is because.... I wanted to be fair and not sound like I'm really pushing to sell something as 10/10 when there ARE mistakes and flaws that people wouldn't like =P
It was that or I wanted to write a review on 11eyes.... -.-'

- B

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »

Hi Elineas, nice to see you come onboard the NHRW forums.

Both Shadowmage and I vouch for your application entry, we really did. I actually like your entry because it's somewhat Shadowmage's writing style, with some personal differences. "Everyone wants to write a good piece without fawning over their favorite show?", you say? Hmm... every one of us has inner fans screaming for certain shows, that's inevitable, but I think we here are in NHRW because we strive to write good reviews. Good reviews aren't supposed to please the crowd; rather, they're supposed to voice out the writer's opinions and reason why the writer says what he/she said. In fact, I think SK prefers disagreement; that way, we have debates, and debates are mostly desirable.

If we have another staff contest, please apply again. It's just unlucky that you didn't win for this one. And yes, C0MPL3X is indeed gaguri. Plus, I've just realized that former name actually contains "0", not "O".

Happy Chinese Valentine's New Year Day, everyone. It's been a boring period in my life; almost 80% of all shops were closed over at my place during the first two days of CNY.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up