Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 21, 2017, 10:26:44 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Utawarerumono OAV  (Read 1853 times)

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Utawarerumono OAV
« on: June 27, 2009, 02:30:35 AM »
1:

God, it's been for-****ing-ever since I watched the original series.  Three years removed, and now we get an OAV.  I have no clue where to place this, since it seems to be hunky-dory time in Hakuoro's kingdom, and I know the series ended in some bizarre way that I never liked.

I'll tell you what, though, if the TV series had been done more like this, it'd have been much better.  OAV quality animation tends to make things look pretty, but I think the pacing and the attempt at drama helps, too.  I just have one question, whose ****ing kid is that?  I don't recall shit about Uratori having a child or finding a child or whatever.  The OAV progression tells you what's up, but I still don't know when she got that.

The fanservice was pretty jarring.  Considering the TV show was bone dry in that department, suddenly TITS just hit me in the face pretty hard.  I guess it doesn't really bother me in hindsight, and the source material pretty much makes it acceptable, but still...

Anyway, fun little 30 minute waste of time.  I find myself actually missing Utawarerumono a bit after watching this.  It was a pretty cool set up and a decent execution, it just sucked towards the end is all.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.
Pages: [1]   Go Up