Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 23, 2017, 09:47:07 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slayers Revolution  (Read 1404 times)

Online TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Slayers Revolution
« on: July 06, 2008, 02:25:03 AM »
1:

It's been 10 long years since the last Slayers series blessed our airwaves.  Wait, did I say "blessed"?  Well, since we're talking about Slayers TRY, that's the wrong word to use.  Well, no, not really.  SLAYERS as a franchise is just fine for good times and kicks, but let's just assume that includes TRY without further comment.

And so what do we get?  Certainly not an upgrade in animation budget.  Jesus, it's been 10 years, you'd think someone could have handled this show better by now.  It's not terrible, but it sure doesn't feel any better then NEXT.

The gags are still quick, especially from Gourry, and it's cool to see all the characters doing their schtick again, but that's basically all the first episode was.  The old cast getting together and doing what they do.  I suppose that a 10 year hiatus requires a bit of a fluff first episode to remind everybody just what kind of person Lina Inverse is.

I'm hopeful that I'll be entertained by another decent Slayers series, but the first episode is perfectly skippable for everybody who knows the franchise.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.
Pages: [1]   Go Up