Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 23, 2017, 12:50:29 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Naisho no Tsubomi  (Read 1582 times)

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Naisho no Tsubomi
« on: June 14, 2008, 04:53:12 AM »
Episode 1:

There's one thing I like about this little cute show:  it deals with much more mature "facts of life" themes then you'd see in other shows.

There's one thing I hate about this little cute show:  why is it that it takes an entire show dedicated to mature "facts of life" themes to get mature "facts of life" themes.

All too often we get anime where all kinds of crap happens but rarely anything relating to everyday existences.  Oh sure, people get up, they eat, they go to school / work, fall in love, whatever.  Rarely, however, does anything touch on the kind of viscerally important subjects that we all have to actually deal with.  Once in a blue moon, we have an anime that deals with a subject like death, but even then it's never given the full realistic treatment.  Most often it's just someone with some manly tears and everybody moves on.

I'm not saying I want Amu-chan from Shugo Chara to suddenly go through puberty (well maybe I am), but it wouldn't kill a lot of these shows to have some life sweeping moments.  It'd be nice to see something a lot more casual then "holy shit, Naruto just went ****ing Sayain level 9000".  For crying out loud, don't these kids growing up ever have questions?

Maybe what I'm asking for sounds a little too much like the "Very Special Episode" lameass scenario that plagues American TV, but I'm not saying you have to have an entire episode where Lelouch develops a drug habit only to kick it miraculously by the end of the episode and everybody learns a valuabl elesson*.  Just every once in a while have someone ****ing deal with LIFE.

About the show, btw, cute not pedo.  That is all.

* Yes, I'm very well aware that Lelouch went emo-wuss mode in episode 7 and nearly took some drugs.  That's not at all what I'm talking about.  Shit was stupid.  Sorrow-kun agreed.  Don't bother him about it.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.
Pages: [1]   Go Up