Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 11, 2017, 10:17:29 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I only wanted to be a reviewer...  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Taleweaver

I only wanted to be a reviewer...
« on: August 19, 2005, 04:03:47 PM »
I'd have posted this in the Admin and Mod section, but unfortunately, my posting privileges in that section are gone, so it goes here:

All I wanted when I joined AMG reviews was to have my reviews published. Nothing more. I once tried to get into the AA staff and came in among the top three but Ender got that job, and when the second chance came, I didn't apply again as the Professor that went was Madoka and I knew that I could NEVER replace Madoka at AA. So I joined AMG and wrote reviews and got a few pats on the shoulder and my reviews published.

Then the site changed.

Then the site changed again.

Then the format of reviews changed and we were asked to reformat them all. Before I was finished with the work, the format got changed again, and then AGAIN, and when I sent in my revised work, the grading system had changed and I had to do everything again. My revisions are still not exactly the way they should be, but that's because I got really confused.

Seriously, I like Phelddagrif. I've known him for quite some time now. I've never seen him as a "control freak" or something. Still, I'm pretty much appalled at the language he and Tamashii are throwing at one another. The last time I've seen flamewars like that one was when Neon Genesis Evangelion was still hot and the Rei lovers were bashing the Asuka lovers and vice versa. I really thought we'd be a notch above that.

All I ever wanted to do is write reviews, get them published and maybe, just maybe have a little feedback on my opinion and writing style. I'm not a native English speaker, and even though I'm pretty confident that my language skills are more than sufficient for the job, I still like to have my work checked by the public. That means YOU, everybody. There's nothing worse for me than having written lots and lots of reviews and having only one of them published at the moment. Oh, sorry, one thing IS worse than that: It's having only one review published when a few months ago, EVERYTHING was published, including my writings about MGS3 which is one of the few PS2 games I've thoroughly enjoyed and my rants about Sakamoto Maaya, who I absolutely adore as a singer.

Really, I don't care what becomes of the site. I couldn't care less about the layout. And really, why should I bother who runs AMG Reviews as long as I get published? It's that simple. Publish me and I'm happy.

On the other hand, don't publish me and I'll get unhappy. I really hate writing stuff and more stuff without seeing it published within WEEKS. My own anime reviewing project, AnimeWave, is seeing so little new stuff because my webmaster is a lazy slowpoke and always needs at least two weeks to get a job done. At first, AMG Reviews was faster than that. Now that updating has slowed to a crawl, my mood is at an all-time low.

So that's my two cents for today. I'd really like to continue working for AMG Reviews. I like writing. I like reviewing. But I'm a glory hound. I need attention.

Do me a favor, whoever is in charge at the moment, and get those reviews running. All of them. And if my stuff still needs a makeover (or an editor), hell, tell me and I'll edit it myself. I WANT to work as long as I see my stuff published.

Thank you for your attention.

Taleweaver

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 02:15:27 AM »
I couldn't agree more.  I've been working here at AMG for almost a year.  Your the only reviewer who has been reviewing longer than I have (I came the same time Kuma did) and I know how frustrating it is to work on something and not get any recognition for it.  Hell, I wrote two manga reviews for July that will never get published because of  the decision to close the manga department!  And, I had to revise my reviews twice because my first set of reviews went missing.  Before that I was even told that I had gotten my revisions done.  But they said, "Well, that must have been a mistake."  So I had to revise 12 reviews in a day.  Tama insisted on giving me a week, but I didn't have the time.  I had to register for college and take care of a bunch of stuff at home.  Have any of the reviews I revised been published?  No, and I've worked too long and too hard for them not to be.  

It's annoying, but Tama said that they will get uploaded soon, so all I can do is trust him.  Hopefully when we get a third adminstrator, AMG will be updated more frequently and we'll finally get out reviews published.

The Nihon Review Presents 2006: A Year in Review

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 09:49:22 AM »
DarkKanti:

Your revisions were never received by me, sorry to say that, but it is the truth. If I did get it, it would have been in one of my email accounts in an email, but I checked all of them, and nothing came up. I have never deleted any email out of either my Himura307 or Tamashii@amgreviews account. Perhaps there was an error while sending the revisions, and please, if that was so, which we may never know, do not blame it on anyone, not even yourself. What happened happened, and it's over now.

Listen, the manga department is not gone forever. Do not fret, as I will keep your reviews in an archive and when the time comes, they will be released. The manga section was just too empty and we could not find a reviewer for too long of a time, so it had to go. The manga section, as you have noticed, was just a distraction. When our site gets better, we can put a lot of focus on it when we get the reviewers.

Taleweaver:

I'll take the blame here. You can hate me if you want, but I did what I thought was best. I did not know that any of you were being worked so hard and annoyed by the constant changes. No one said a word to me. No one dared to complain. Why not? I'm no saint or anything, I can take a hit. Now that you've brought this to my full attention, I thank you. From now on, any changes imposed by the staff about reviews (upon which everyone has agreed to), will be editted by us admins and us alone. The new format for music reviews may be the only exception, ever again, because it can't be helped. Read that thread to know what I mean.

As for reviews getting published: they will get done. The reviews did not disappear or get deleted. I'm begging you, and everyone else, to please be patient. The entire database will be up by mid-September. If there was one promise that I could not break in my life, it will be this one.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 10:19:44 AM »
I am innocent! Do not hate me!

*cowers

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 04:21:52 PM »
...Oh yeah, if you guys didn't know, I left for vacation last Saturday night and I just got back, so sorry I didn't get that thread up like I promised.
Pages: [1]   Go Up