Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 22, 2017, 09:28:05 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resident Evil 4  (Read 4424 times)

Offline ReadorDie

• Teh Newbie Reviewer

Resident Evil 4
« on: August 17, 2005, 07:54:39 PM »
Hyperviolence at its best people.  AT ITS BEST!  Beautiful graphics, interesting plotline, characters that aren't so interesting as entertaining(which is a good thing in this case) and finally, surprisingly, gameplay that ranks with the best, which was impressive as Capcom isn't known to have great gameplay in its survival horrors.

Offline AnimeGenesis

• Mind Melting
    • http://www.empireofthephoenix.co.uk

Resident Evil 4
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 12:49:09 PM »
Oh my word i love this game  :D . I especailly love the bosses, who can forget the right hand or the monster in the lake. Its also the first RE game to actually make the Knife any good. The Broken Butterfly and the chicago typewriter are the best weapons ever.

Although it does set a high benchmark for the next RE to hit.

Thanks to DarkKanti for the Sig!

Offline ReadorDie

• Teh Newbie Reviewer

Resident Evil 4
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 04:53:34 PM »
Del Lago?  You mean the Penis Monster from Beyond The Water?  That thing was FUNNY!  See, I have this track record with video games, there's always one boss that makes me laugh.  Dokai from Ku-on(AKA Zoidberg Mark 2), anything involving Seymour in FFX(AKA Winnie The Pedophile)...there's always one.  The Right Hand was sorta creepy, but nothing beats the Rasputin-Tenticle Monster you fight.

However, the creepiest monster, hands down, were the Voldo lookalikes themselves: the Garradors.  Those guys scared the CRAP out of me.  Ever the Regenerators didn't scare me THAT much.

Offline AnimeGenesis

• Mind Melting

Resident Evil 4
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 11:50:31 AM »
Quote from: ReadorDie
Del Lago?  You mean the Penis Monster from Beyond The Water?  That thing was FUNNY!  See, I have this track record with video games, there's always one boss that makes me laugh.  Dokai from Ku-on(AKA Zoidberg Mark 2), anything involving Seymour in FFX(AKA Winnie The Pedophile)...there's always one.  The Right Hand was sorta creepy, but nothing beats the Rasputin-Tenticle Monster you fight.

However, the creepiest monster, hands down, were the Voldo lookalikes themselves: the Garradors.  Those guys scared the CRAP out of me.  Ever the Regenerators didn't scare me THAT much.

I didn't think that the Garradors were that bad, the regenerators are far worse, you can hear them off a mile away. For creepy bosses i would have to say "thing" or the "right hand man" (because he's big, ugly and tries to kill you before he formally pops up)

Although RE4 was a horrible game to get a hold off, as everytime i went shopping it was sold out.

Offline ReadorDie

• Teh Newbie Reviewer

Resident Evil 4
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 04:37:15 PM »
Really?  Wasn't so bad for me.  Then again, I bought it at Toys R Us and I doubt many kids bought that game.  The Right Hand man was a bitch, but not so bad because you don't have to kill him.  The (many) fights with Krauser were worse.  Assignment Ada was a bitch as well because she could only take two hits...tops.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

Resident Evil 4
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 05:17:05 PM »
...I must play this game!!!

Offline AnimeGenesis

• Mind Melting

Resident Evil 4
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 12:15:43 PM »
Well where i come from, the game was sold out within 2 hours of release

Offline ReadorDie

• Teh Newbie Reviewer

Resident Evil 4
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 12:42:12 PM »
To Tama: Yes, you do.  Play with the special costumes, and Ada wears bondage gear and Ashley wears a Brittany Spears *RIDE'EM COWGIRL* outfit.

daryl: Heh, it probably was here too, but I still managed to get my hands on a copy.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

Resident Evil 4
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 04:12:52 PM »
It sounds like a drastic improvement over the previous releases. I was completely turned off by Resident Evil 1 & 2 back in their original releases, which I thought, if you haven't gotten the hint yet, sucked ass. I never bothered with the series again. Isn't RE4 for Gamecube, though? I guess I'm out of the loop.

Offline ReadorDie

• Teh Newbie Reviewer

Resident Evil 4
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 07:56:14 PM »
It's coming out for PS2 soon, though they're lowering the poly count and taking the AI down SEVERAL pegs.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator

Resident Evil 4
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 08:43:26 PM »
That's just sad.

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

Resident Evil 4
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 11:58:42 PM »
This game looks brilliant.  It's a horror game that looks so good, I actually want to play it!  Too bad I'm a poor poor man...

The Nihon Review Presents 2006: A Year in Review

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

Resident Evil 4
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 12:01:22 AM »
As long as they keep making money from suckers like us, they'll keep producing games like this.

I'm not all that interested in horror games, seeing as how I usually laugh at the "plot," if you can call it such. But RE usually has decent graphics and a good engine behind it, so I'd rent it. I certainly won't buy it though.

Offline Risen Hell Fire

• The Researcher

Resident Evil 4
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2005, 11:11:34 AM »
Yeah said it before. Best game I've played since Metroid prime 1. I hope RE5 will be great or better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up