Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 14, 2017, 11:52:51 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Anime / Re: Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
« Last post by MCAL on Today at 09:36:47 AM »
49:
Tsukasa: "What are you going to do tomorrow night, Azami, sir?

Azami: Same thing we do every night, Tsukasa - try to take over the culinary world!
Anime / Re: Juuni Taisen
« Last post by Gadget on December 13, 2017, 09:46:09 AM »
I thought Rabbit reassemble himself like the Iron Giant animation. But it was more fascinating. Like all deaths, it was anti climatic. Soooo Ox did remember Tiger.....

So Rat's power is like Endless Summer Arc from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya with Re Zero start from a save point, in a Stain:Gate way. It still does not explain how he got in an out from the vault with Ox.
Anime / Re: Juuni Taisen
« Last post by AC on December 13, 2017, 05:46:00 AM »
11:

Oh there's Rabbit, right there.

I'm not sure which is more ludicrous: Ox believing that chunky bits of Rabbit assembled themselves like Voltron, or explaining every word of the plot for us. Even if Rat's powers seem clever, I just can't get over how ridiculous Ox's death was. Ox can't move, Monkey must only pin him down, and Rabbit's too busy assembling himself, hence they all must die.

Uh huh.
Anime / Re: UQ Holder (Mahou Sensei Negima 2)
« Last post by TypicalIdiotFan on December 12, 2017, 01:11:18 AM »
11:

This has turned into an incoherent mess, and the way they're doing this screams "we're not getting a second cour of this".
Anime / Re: The Ancient Magus' Bride
« Last post by AC on December 11, 2017, 07:07:18 PM »
I just wonder if Chise will eventually become independent and gain self-esteem, thereby distancing herself from Elias, or simply continue to be his dependent. I really wish for the former to happen, but you never know.
« Last post by TypicalIdiotFan on December 10, 2017, 08:22:17 PM »
Oh good, I'm not the only one who doesn't like their relationship right now.
Anime / Re: March comes in like a lion
« Last post by hyperknees91 on December 10, 2017, 01:59:55 PM »
31: Just great. Should've guessed that Nikaidou would've been watching in the hospital but the scene was still a really cute surprise for me.
Anime / Re: March comes in like a lion
« Last post by AC on December 10, 2017, 06:15:33 AM »
31:

As much as Kiriyama hates it, there's nothing wrong with Yamazaki's method of deliberately wearing Nikaidou out during his previous match. Technically, there's no right or wrong way of fighting; if you win legitimately in the end, then you did the right thing. Yamazaki only did the logical thing especially if he knew Nikaidou's condition in the first place. It's an a-hole thing to do, but nothing wrong with the approach. Nikaidou doesn't like to be seen lightly either anyway; it's just Kiriyama being defensive about his friend.

But I have to give it to Kiriyama: his understanding of people's feelings is what made him able to pinpoint Hina's cause of stomach pains (which is the same as Shimada's, which is basically anxiety), and even find her in a big city like Kyoto.

And yes, I love it when this show keeps the comedy to a minimal (almost nonexistent in this episode, actually). If you want some comedic relief, please time it well. Ancient Magus' Bride is a good example of how to do it right, by the way.
« Last post by AC on December 10, 2017, 05:35:33 AM »
10:

Mini-sized Elias is adowable.

The more Chise explains her relationship with Elias, the more it sounds like she's suffering Stockholm's Syndrome but more self-aware. She knows she shouldn't be complacent but she still insists and she even knows what makes her feel this way. She wants to be wanted, even if she has to be dependent on someone (or something).
Anime / Re: Garo: Vanishing Line
« Last post by Gadget on December 10, 2017, 12:02:40 AM »
It has a post 9/11 feel.

The Chinese cooks were saying 'jiyou'. It means 'Go for it'. Not 'zai jian', which is good bye. I though it was strange as farewell.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10