Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

January 22, 2018, 10:39:49 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Anime / Re: Ryuoh no Oshigoto!
« Last post by TypicalIdiotFan on Today at 12:41:06 PM »
No it wasn't, but since I don't know the rules of shogi, I can't really find any of it intense.  I'm the dad in this situation.  Someone has to hand hold my ass through this.

Anyway...

3:

Well, if you fail, you get a loli waifu.  Sounds like some otaku's wet dream.  Mom wasn't putting forth that idea until she saw how much a pro shogi player makes, though.  That convinced her.  She's a businesswoman after all.
Anime / Re: Gakuen Babysitters
« Last post by TypicalIdiotFan on Today at 12:13:06 PM »
3:

Yeah, I'm going to need the backstory of how those two got together and had sex.
Anime / Re: Karakai Jozu no TAKAGI-SAN
« Last post by TypicalIdiotFan on Today at 11:49:55 AM »
3:

I like the antics of the trio interlaced here more often.  Just watching Takagi and Nishikata for 22 minutes would get old, so giving us a break is a good idea.  She definitely has figured out the easiest teasing method, though, which girls have been doing to boys for hundreds of years.
Anime / Re: Ryuoh no Oshigoto!
« Last post by Gadget on Today at 10:22:28 AM »
The final match is actually more tense than the matches in 3-gatsu no Lion .
Anime / Re: Record of Grancrest War
« Last post by Gadget on Today at 06:57:43 AM »
For a grand continental strategy, the conflicts seems local. It lack a grand scope of a big battle. Aslan, the original Berserk and the movie Berserk, or even Maria the Virgin Witch gave a more grand view of the battles. I'm not following the manga, but it has a 'panel' feel.

Once again, Siluca plans need luck.
Anime / Re: Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
« Last post by Major Tom on Today at 06:03:20 AM »
Finally got around to finishing this and yeah, it falls apart when they try to explain what happened to the world. The cat things, well, we've seen them in statue form, but the actual cat things kind of come out of nowhere. Why did they achieve god status? etc etc. It probalby would have worked better if they had more thoroughly weaved the history of their world into their travels, instead of the last 3 or so episodes.
Anime / Re: Kokkoku: Moment by Moment
« Last post by AC on Today at 05:53:58 AM »
3:

Tsubasa's such a loser.
Anime / Re: Koi wa Ameagari no You ni
« Last post by Major Tom on Today at 05:48:26 AM »
I am unsure whether the manager actually mistook her confession, or he caught on straight away and decided deflection was the best tactic for now. Personally I hope it's the latter, cause I don't think he's as dumb as he looks.

I am still kind of wary about this show, cause while it is nice right now, this is god damn anime. Hell, I checked out the first episode of 25-sai no Joshikousei, which sounded nice but that went from zero to sexual assault in about 30 seconds.
Anime / Re: Violet Evergarden
« Last post by Major Tom on Today at 02:20:01 AM »
It's pretty obvious that the longer Hodgkins holds off telling Violet about Gilbert's fate (they're really pushing that he's dead), the worse it will be for Violet when she eventually finds out. I kind of think that's the point, and I'm not sure I'm okay with that right now. Maybe if it is a joint effort between Hodgekins and Violet to admit to themselves that their friend is dead (presumably) and start mourning him, or a complete red herring but at the same time I find myself annoyed that it is rather obvious this early on, and that I know that when she does find out it's going to pull hard on those emotional strings and will most likely work on me despite knowing it's coming.

I also feel the Violet is a little too robot like. There's adjusting to a completely different kind of life after a war, but surely she's interacted with the rank and file and learned some social skills, even if it's that particular brand of black humour that soldiers develop that isn't really meant for polite company. Gilbert doesn't seem like the kind of guy to keep her locked away when she's not in use.
Anime / Re: Kokkoku: Moment by Moment
« Last post by TypicalIdiotFan on Today at 01:28:29 AM »
3:

Okay, that's two episodes in a row now they've done the "she's gonna die!" cliffhanger, completely undone by the damn episode preview which clearly shows several scenes of "oh, nope, she ain't gonna die."  Seriously guys.

The show is still interesting, but c'mon man.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10